sterling life insurance?

I just got my L&H license in Alabama. I live in a small town (7,000 population) and in a rural area. Would you suggest becoming a captive agent. What can one expect to make as an income as a captive agent? What are the advantages/disadvantages? How do you contact the companies and which companies would you suggest? I know these are a lot of questions and I appolize if it is to much to start out with. But any suggestions would be appreciated.

CasketMan, I am in northeastern Alabama. If you want, give me a shout.

Some benefits of working on your own: custom fitting policies for the client by shopping other companies. { you cannot shop when captive.}
Calling your own shots. Working when and where you wish. Making your own schedule.

Just wondering if you ever went with Sterling and if so are you happy with your choice? I am new to the biz and recently appointed with MoO but need a better training environment. I want to work in the Senior Market so I may talk to Sterling. Question for tommyk, have you worked with Sterling before?

I did work for them, as both an agent and a Field Sales Manager.
No more....Still have good training on the Senior products and compliance. But from there you will be on the telephone all the time in hopes of setting an appointment with their free leads, which happen to be people on the do not call list from the credit bureau files....Unless you have money or a retirement from somewhere, you may want to think....

Back