Street Level Commission

JimmyUt

Guru
1000 Post Club
Utah
I know what commission levels I am at, but for recruiting sake, what % is considered street level for the following companies.

Monumental
Americo
RNA
5Star
Security National Life
Equitable

I know what commission levels I am at, but for recruiting sake, what % is considered street level for the following companies.

Monumental
Americo
RNA
5Star
Security National Life
Equitable

I have a better question, at least to me....what exactly does "street level" mean??

In a nutshell, it is the company approved advertised commission schedule with no prior production proof or commitment from the agent to the company.

It is a point that can be negotiated by people with their IMO. So, with production, you should be able to get higher than street.

Some carriers do not have a Street Level and that is up to the IMO.
Example 1: Transamerica/MonLife is widely thought that Street is 115% for FE. Not so. That is a widely accepted Street level and is not mandated by the company.

Example 2: Where as Americo's Street level is published at 115% for FE, though many IMO's use 100% since there is not a level between 100 and 115 for FE.

It really comes down to the IMO and what they feel they are comfortable in giving out. Most IMO's need a cushion to pay for Bad Debt from agents (15%) is usually a minimum from what they get and what the max agent contract they will give a productive agent. Now you may negotiate a higher amount as an AS EARNED agent whereby the risk to an IMO is much smaller and for big producers or MGA'S they will take less spread, especially if they are AS EARNED.

In a nutshell, it is the company approved advertised commission schedule with no prior production proof or commitment from the agent to the company.

It is a point that can be negotiated by people with their IMO. So, with production, you should be able to get higher than street.

Some carriers do not have a Street Level and that is up to the IMO.
Example 1: Transamerica/MonLife is widely thought that Street is 115% for FE. Not so. That is a widely accepted Street level and is not mandated by the company.

Example 2: Where as Americo's Street level is published at 115% for FE, though many IMO's use 100% since there is not a level between 100 and 115 for FE.

It really comes down to the IMO and what they feel they are comfortable in giving out. Most IMO's need a cushion to pay for Bad Debt from agents (15%) is usually a minimum from what they get and what the max agent contract they will give a productive agent. Now you may negotiate a higher amount as an AS EARNED agent whereby the risk to an IMO is much smaller and for big producers or MGA'S they will take less spread, especially if they are AS EARNED.

Thanks Patrick... I'm still learning.

Sent via my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Insurance Forums

Monumental - No set street, although 110%-115% is the norm.
Americo - 115% (with renewals)
RNA - 100%
5Star - Either 105% or 110%.
Security National Life - 105%, but Tommy was talking about changing that to 100%.
Equitable - 115%

Okay, filled all of that in for you above.

Back