Suggestions, Advise, New Here, Somewhat New to Insurance

agentmarino007

Hi,

I have had my license (215) for almost 2 years and I have made some good money but not consistently. I am really trying to find my niche in this industry as a single mom and it is really difficult to find good, if any, field training. I love helping people and I got into this industry because of what I saw my parents go through when they got sick and what my siblings and I went through after they passed because they did not have adequate insurance. (both life and health).

I am having a very difficult time breaking into this industry because I do not have the money to spend on new, fresh leads and trying to create my own is not easy either. I started out with colonial, then combined then Primerica and now I am with NAA (National Agent Alliance) which I like for Life Insurance. However I need consistent, base if possible until I build my book of business. I am also licensed in almost 15 states. Considering becoming an Independent Agent but don't know how to break into that and what I need to do that. I want to basically be a free agent, one stop shop for Health, Life and Annuities without like I said being captive. I feel like that limits how much I can help someone.

Brief overview:
Licensed 215 (12/2015)
Licensed in almost 15 states
AHIP Certified
contracted with almost 20 different companies
Mutual of Omaha, Humana, Aetna, Cigna, Foresters, AIG, Great Western, Baltimore life, National Western, TransAmerica, Phoenix and many others...

Any suggestions would be great!

You need to read the final expense threads, the forum has many agents and IMO's that will help you. but first read , read and read.

Hi,
I have been an independent agent for almost 15 years now, and have my own firm, Flatirons Financial Group here in Colorado. My main niche is Mortgage Protection, but I also do annuities, tax free retirement, and college planning. We specialize in Life Insurance with Living Benefits, which is a product that most captive agencies do not provide. Over the past few years I have brought on a couple new agents (most out of state), some of who were previously captive agents, and the income (70% commission) and products are far superior. A couple of the main companies I write for are Government Personal Mutual, National Life Group. The process of bringing on a new independent agent is very simple, since you are already licensed. I would be happy to talk if you would like to learn more about my firm and becoming an independent agent, 303-946-7675.
Regards,
Brian

Back