Suggestions on Leads or Dialer List Vendors

For transparency - how would anyone know you're actually donating to charity.
If you donate to a charity based on any consistent formula based on Premium, depending on the basis of the donation as to being an inducement to buy, it is clearly illegal, and also fines are levied as a matter of public record and can be found at your State's DOI.
I've seen a few people make that mistake.

Am i the only one who thinks selling 33 shared leads outa 96 is nearly impossible, let alone from netquote?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There is a lot of whoring going on....
Yeah, if that were the odds, we would all be doing it. Been there done that - it don't work. Leads are OVERSOLD to say the least. They will tell you they sell them to 3-4 but bet you a donut they sell them as many times as they can get by with, who would know the difference they all tend to be so bad anyway. Lead vendors are the only ones making any money off leads - right? 33 out of 96, that's not happening, bet ya!

Last edited:
Yeah, if that were the odds, we would all be doing it. Been there done that - it don't work. Leads are OVERSOLD to say the least. They will tell you they sell them to 3-4 but bet you a donut they sell them as many times as they can get by with, who would know the difference they all tend to be so bad anyway. Lead vendors are the only ones making any money off leads - right? 33 out of 96, that's not happening, bet ya!

33 policies on 96 leads, double and 4 sale appointments on those, but I only sold around 15% of that batch, read the whole post before you jump to conclusions.

I'm sure they sell them as many times as someone will buy them. I have current customers tell me that 6 months later they're still getting phone calls.

How would a lead vendor stay in business (For a lengthy period of time) if agents were not making some kind of profit from them. You have to be a complete *** to lose money from a reputable lead company. Have you ever done the math?

Lets Assume some VERY modest health insurance numbers:

15% Commission x $2,000 AP= $300 Commission FIRST YEAR ONLY

Now Lets Say you buy leads for $10/lead (Expensive) that means you can make 1 sale in 30 which is 3.33% closing ratio to break even. To DOUBLE your money all you have to do is close 2 in 30 or 6.66%

If you can sell at all you should be closing 8%-12% if your decent 15% and have a good system in place 20% or more.

So How do you NOT make money buying leads? Everyone complains and moans and then goes out and makes some kind of ROI or they quit. End of story

I was looking back over last year of leads in Norvax I have 2200 leads of which over 75% are shared leads and well over a 10% closing ratio with many of those leads being worked by my agents in the business less than 3-6 months while I got them started.

It is near impossible to "lose" money with any lead vendor. At $7 for a shared lead even it only returns a $400 commission you'd have to skunk on 57 leads.

How would a lead vendor stay in business (For a lengthy period of time) if agents were not making some kind of profit from them. You have to be a complete *** to lose money from a reputable lead company. Have you ever done the math?

Lets Assume some VERY modest health insurance numbers:

15% Commission x $2,000 AP= $300 Commission FIRST YEAR ONLY

Now Lets Say you buy leads for $10/lead (Expensive) that means you can make 1 sale in 30 which is 3.33% closing ratio to break even. To DOUBLE your money all you have to do is close 2 in 30 or 6.66%

If you can sell at all you should be closing 8%-12% if your decent 15% and have a good system in place 20% or more.

So How do you NOT make money buying leads? Everyone complains and moans and then goes out and makes some kind of ROI or they quit. End of story

I was looking back over last year of leads in Norvax I have 2200 leads of which over 75% are shared leads and well over a 10% closing ratio with many of those leads being worked by my agents in the business less than 3-6 months while I got them started.
You are exactly right - they all try different lead companies then they quit because they do the math. Lead vendors stay in business because they change their name, they always have fresh agents who think they will give it a try, some think different lead vendors do it differently so they try it again, again, again. If you are getting a 10% close ratio you are King Kong in the lead buying arena, kudos to you. Your spin sounds like a DM or trainer or recruiter. You can spend all you want to spend on leads and if you do the math, not the funny math, the real math most agents buying leads don't do it for long because it is not profitable. You must nurture and cultivate your own leads where most of the written premium comes from. Got any good leads for sale????

Never mind...I looked at your signature line...you are a consultant. Isn't that someone who tells everyone how to do something rather than doing it themselves? Sorry but I don't buy the fish your selling, it's a tad bit smelly.

And by the way, I am not an *** and the number of agents who have tried lead companies without much great success far outnumber those that do - so go back to your consulting please, you're offending my common sense. Tell others like it is not fairy tales.

You are exactly right - they all try different lead companies then they quit because they do the math. Lead vendors stay in business because they change their name, they always have fresh agents who think they will give it a try, some think different lead vendors do it differently so they try it again, again, again. If you are getting a 10% close ratio you are King Kong in the lead buying arena, kudos to you. Your spin sounds like a DM or trainer or recruiter. You can spend all you want to spend on leads and if you do the math, not the funny math, the real math most agents buying leads don't do it for long because it is not profitable. You must nurture and cultivate your own leads where most of the written premium comes from. Got any good leads for sale????

Never mind...I looked at your signature line...you are a consultant. Isn't that someone who tells everyone how to do something rather than doing it themselves? Sorry but I don't buy the fish your selling, it's a tad bit smelly.

And by the way, I am not an *** and the number of agents who have tried lead companies without much great success far outnumber those that do - so go back to your consulting please, you're offending my common sense. Tell others like it is not fairy tales.

Wow. Fuzzy math huh? :D I not only personally work internet leads and have for a lengthy amount of time, I even have a team of agents who I personally buy leads for and still make a profit while giving them a very reasonable commission split.

My math was pretty clear cut and easy to understand. 10% closing ratio on leads BTW is where my team that I buy leads for who have been in the business for 6 months consistently perform at.

Follow UP
System
Knowledge

All ya need my friend. My signature line of "Consultant" refers to the "Consulting" I provide to clients as well as agents.

Thanks for the King Kong, I do however put my money where my mouth is. In fact, I'm starting a team to focus on medicare supplements and will be using internet leads and blowing away the competition.

If you know a lot of agents who aren't successful with leads its due to a lack of one of the above reasons not being developed. Not the lead companies. (As long as it's one of the more reputable lead vendors)

Wow. Fuzzy math huh? :D I not only personally work internet leads and have for a lengthy amount of time, I even have a team of agents who I personally buy leads for and still make a profit while giving them a very reasonable commission split.

My math was pretty clear cut and easy to understand. 10% closing ratio on leads BTW is where my team that I buy leads for who have been in the business for 6 months consistently perform at.

Follow UP
System
Knowledge

All ya need my friend. My signature line of "Consultant" refers to the "Consulting" I provide to clients as well as agents.

Thanks for the King Kong, I do however put my money where my mouth is. In fact, I'm starting a team to focus on medicare supplements and will be using internet leads and blowing away the competition.

If you know a lot of agents who aren't successful with leads its due to a lack of one of the above reasons not being developed. Not the lead companies. (As long as it's one of the more reputable lead vendors)

Ryan/Kong - You Da Man Dude! You can quit beating your chest. Just keep sending that check and I'll keep doing my thing. Just keep blowing kemo-sabe!

Tend to agree - let me know about the Med Sup thingy... interested in learning about it!

Follow UP
System
Knowledge

When I was working for a SF Agent, this statement was proven to be true! Thanks for reminding me of this fact - internet leads are real time and looking to buy...

It is near impossible to "lose" money with any lead vendor. At $7 for a shared lead even it only returns a $400 commission you'd have to skunk on 57 leads.

Last edited:
Back