Suggestions Please

zort

I am looking for sales people.

I have tried the good ole fashioned giving out business cards. Advertising in the paper.

That hasn't worked well so far.

When people meet with me and find out that it will cost them $200 to $400 (depending on the options they chose.) to become an associate to be able to sell it, they always say no.

They get $100 per signup plus bonuses. That ranges from $20 to $50 for 3 months. Then they get a monthly check for 10% of the plan they sold for as long as the people have the plan. After five people that goes up to 12%. If they sell enough it can go as high as 22%.

When they move up in sales position you get a bonus too. Once they have sold 5 memberships they get $200. They can even get a car bonus.

So they would have to sell 2 memberships to get all of their money back if they go with the min, and 4 memberships if they go with the max.

Everyone is accepted so that isn't a problem in this case.

I am considering going to monster.com and posting. The cost was really high to me though.

What have you guys done to find sales people?

What are you selling?? What is a "membership"? It sounds like MLM when you talk about it, which these days scares people away. Regardless, it takes time and effort to find good people to work with you. Stop advertising it as a sales opportunity and start advertising it as a business opportunity. It sounds like that's what it is anyways. If you advertise for "employees" or "sales people", the people responding don't expect to have to come out of pocket at all. If you advertise for "partners" or "associates", or just plain advertise "business opportunity - low investment" you will get a better response.

Once again though, it sounds too much like an MLM advertisement and that is a hard sell no matter how "good" the product is.

he needs help selling crappy limited health plans.......I am thinking UA.......

I am looking for sales people.

I have tried the good ole fashioned giving out business cards. Advertising in the paper.

That hasn't worked well so far.

When people meet with me and find out that it will cost them $200 to $400 (depending on the options they chose.) to become an associate to be able to sell it, they always say no.

They get $100 per signup plus bonuses. That ranges from $20 to $50 for 3 months. Then they get a monthly check for 10% of the plan they sold for as long as the people have the plan. After five people that goes up to 12%. If they sell enough it can go as high as 22%.

When they move up in sales position you get a bonus too. Once they have sold 5 memberships they get $200. They can even get a car bonus.

So they would have to sell 2 memberships to get all of their money back if they go with the min, and 4 memberships if they go with the max.

Everyone is accepted so that isn't a problem in this case.

I am considering going to monster.com and posting. The cost was really high to me though.

What have you guys done to find sales people?

Well if I was hiring agents I'd mention a company name.

Well if I was hiring agents I'd mention a company name.

lets play the guessing game......

The company I am with accepts everyone. It doesn't matter if they have nothing or Lupus.

They can get:
$1000 a day ICU Per Person up to a maximum of 20 days per injury or sickness.

$500 a day for hospital stay up to a maximum of 30 days per injury or sickness.

$5000 of accidental medical Insurance with a $100 Deductible for the accidental Medical Insurance.

$50.00 per Doctor's Office visit.

$1000 of Insured Dental Benefits per calendar year paid per Dental Schedule of Eligible Expenses ($50 Deductible). The Deductible is waived for 2 cleanings every Year.

There are quite a few discounted benefits that are included too. Which basicly means they get the pre-contracted rates when they use them.

The underwriter is the beechstreet network.
They can get this for $184.95 per month (Individual or Family)

The Limitations are:
Pre-existing Conditions Limitation: Benefits are not provided for any loss caused by or resulting from a Pre-existing Condition until the earlier of: (1) the end of a continuous period of 12 months commencing on or after the covered person's effective date of coverage under this plan during all of which the covered person has received no medical advice or treatment in connection with such Pre-existing Condition; or (2) the end of an 18 month period commencing on the covered person's effective date of coverage under this plan. This provision does not apply to newborn or newly adopted children. Pre-existing Condition means a medical condition, injury or sickness, not excluded by name or specific description, for which medical advice, consultation, care diagnosis or treatment was recommended by, or received from, a doctor within 12 months immediately prior to the effective date of coverage for a covered person.

Exclusions and Limitations: Benefits will not be paid for charges or loss caused by, or resulting from, any of the following: suicide or any intentionally self-inflicted injury; any drug, narcotic, gas or fumes, or chemical substance voluntarily taken, administered, absorbed or inhaled unless prescribed by, and taken according to the directions of, a doctor (accidental ingestion of a poisonous substance is not excluded.); commission, or attempt to commit, a felony; participation in a riot or insurrection; driving under the influence of a controlled substance, unless administered on the advice of a doctor; driving while intoxicated as determined by the laws in the jurisdiction of the geographical area where the loss occurs; declared or undeclared war or act of war; nuclear reaction or the release of nuclear energy. However, this exclusion will not apply if the loss is sustained within 180 days of the initial incident and: the loss was caused by fire, heat, explosion or other physical trauma which was a result of the release of nuclear energy; and the covered person was within a 25-mile radius of the site of the release either: at the time of the release; or within 24-hours of the start of the release; or occurs while he is in the state where this plan was issued; or treatment of mental or nervous disorders, or alcohol or substance abuse.

If you would like to be able to offer this to them and make money from it please send me a pm.

It's a discount card. I sold for them, about two years ago. Made three sales. One to a woman who was as wide as she was tall, and who had Diabetes, and the other two were strictly to get the Aetna dental. Once the work was done, they dropped it.

Not bad, not great.

As much as I hate to admit it, as an insurance agent, with all the growth in the Diabetic market, insurance companies will have to rethink their auto-declines, and start offering something different, so diabetics can get coverage.

On their application, it states in big letters, that this is not insurance, and is strictly a discount plan. Pretty upfront with what they offer. Not a bad company to work for. The commissions came kind of staggering in the beginning, but that worked itself out.

I agree with the earlier post, ask for "business partners". The person who got me involved was upfront. I didn't get a plan, but just signed up as an agent. Worked out fine, for the time I was selling it.

Back