Supplement & Employer Coverage

I am just saying that if you choose employer sponsored coverage when your Part B becomes effective and then years later decide to buy a Medicare supplement to replace that coverage voluntarily that then you have to go thru underwriting. No GI.

I am done. Ask Chazm or another FL agent.

I will let you decide whether you or these agencies are correct about whether or not one can obtain a GI Medigap plan when voluntarily dropping employer coverage in FL.

------------------------------------------------------------------
If you enroll in Medicare Part B and have group coverage paying secondary, you will receive a two-month Open Enrollment Period when you lose group coverage voluntarily or involuntarily. This time allows you to enroll in a Medicare Supplement plan in Florida without underwriting health questions.
[EXTERNAL LINK] - Medicare Supplement Plans in Florida

-------------------------------------------------------
In some states, voluntarily terminating a group health plan does not grant guaranteed issue rights. But, some states allow the transition from employer coverage to Medigap using guaranteed issue rights. These states are:
Scroll down to item 2 voluntary group termination, and you will see FL in the list.
https://fairsquaremedicare.com/articles/medicare-guaranteed-issue-rights-by-state
-----------------------------------------------------------

I was curious, so I went looking. FL has an interesting wrinkle.

I think the rules disagree with you and say both are GI. Red lettering is mine, and to my way of thinking, it covers both situations you presented.

I don't see anything there narrowing the definition of termination by defining who does it.
I have submitted both apps to UHC and they are going through with no underwriting.

Thanks for the replies. Shows how state variation in rules matter.

Back