Taking my State of Iowa Exam for the first time

Any Suggestions?

Study all that you can. Your instructor I hope has showed you which parts you need to study and which parts are a waste of time.

Take the book with you, and study out in the parking lot, just before walking in to take the test.

Thanks...i found a cool website that is letting me take a practice test and gives me the results. so far im up to 21 out of 25...after 3 times of trying...
it's called examadvantage.com

My advice would be to learn your material but a big part of this has to do with how well you take tests. In other words, they seem to want to weed out as many as possible.

I used a site called license2go to study for my exam. It went through a dozen or so modules that covered everything you need to know to pass the exam. The promise to pay for a second test if you don't pass it the first time. Their service costs around $150 and I found it to be well worth it. If the company you are going to work for doesn't offer this service and you are going for your life and health license, go to the website, click on available courses, select Sipma & Associates under company, then select your state, then Tim Sipma under region, and default district under district. I don't get anything out of it, but you could get some really good training.

Back