Taking The Plunge

davidp711

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Florida
Am getting everything ready for me to jump into selling full time. I am very nervous about making the change. Just curious what helped any of you make that step and not look back?

Am getting everything ready for me to jump into selling full time. I am very nervous about making the change. Just curious what helped any of you make that step and not look back?

What are currently selling? My agency focuses on life insurance, annuities, & business succession planning. What has helped me may difer depending on what lines you are selling.

What has helped me is as follows:

-Solid business plan, not hopes and dreams, but realistic goals and objectives (believe it or not I even incorporated a S.W.O.T. analysis in mine as well).
-Marketing plan
-Prospect, prospect, & more prospecting
-Contribute and be active in the community
-Continuing education
-And lastly, don't give up (it's not going to be sunshine & rainbows your first 1-2yrs. and there is going to be many times when you want to give up, but don't)

For me, I look at my job as the greatest job in the world. I'm protecting and safeguarding my client's financial future when in the event of an unexpected death or disability they're not going to have to worry about making ends meet. In addition, get out there and tell your story to as many people as you can. My main goal was to have everyone in the surrounding communities think of me when they think of insurance. Good luck and I wish you great success on your new endeavor!

make sure you are ready to give a 100%..if you work hard, see the people, and make a difference in your clients lives, you will be fine...It's a marathon, not a sprint

What are currently selling? My agency focuses on life insurance, annuities, & business succession planning. What has helped me may difer depending on what lines you are selling.

What has helped me is as follows:

-Solid business plan, not hopes and dreams, but realistic goals and objectives (believe it or not I even incorporated a S.W.O.T. analysis in mine as well).
-Marketing plan
-Prospect, prospect, & more prospecting
-Contribute and be active in the community
-Continuing education
-And lastly, don't give up (it's not going to be sunshine & rainbows your first 1-2yrs. and there is going to be many times when you want to give up, but don't)

For me, I look at my job as the greatest job in the world. I'm protecting and safeguarding my client's financial future when in the event of an unexpected death or disability they're not going to have to worry about making ends meet. In addition, get out there and tell your story to as many people as you can. My main goal was to have everyone in the surrounding communities think of me when they think of insurance. Good luck and I wish you great success on your new endeavor!

I would Say the Information Above is dead on...it took me some time while doing the business to understand I did not have a clue on exactly what I was doing and that was about three years in...but I was humble enough to admit it to myself most folks will not do that. I have to tell you the info above is worth its weight in gold!

I have to agree that this advice is very solid. I sell life, and annuities. I have had my license for some time now and tried at it part time but got no where.

I want to jump in full time but am hesitant because of the economy. Not sure how true this is but it seems that selling life now is way harder than before. People just don't have a lot of extra money. My real main concern is quitting my current job jump in full swing and run into this kind of problem. Is this something you guys are running into?

Back