Taking The Plunge

HAHA! Either way your going to get f***** every now and again...

For most married guys "every now and again" is an UPGRADE.
If you're married and can get it THAT.... regular, you take it.

(Did I mention.....I'm divorced) :twitchy:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have to agree that this advice is very solid. I sell life, and annuities. I have had my license for some time now and tried at it part time but got no where.

I want to jump in full time but am hesitant because of the economy. Not sure how true this is but it seems that selling life now is way harder than before. People just don't have a lot of extra money. My real main concern is quitting my current job jump in full swing and run into this kind of problem. Is this something you guys are running into?

Please don't take this the wrong way but your post is full of the seeds of failure....and if you are THAT person, keep your day job.
Again, no offense , this isn't a personal attack just calling 'em as I see 'em.

Those looking for 'failure' use terms like:
a) "I'm 'hesitant because of the economy.' "
= B.S losers say cause they aren't winners

b)."I have had my license for some time now and tried at it...but"
= Loser talk for "I've played grab azz, for awhile and I don't have a clue, what I'm doing" or WHY I haven't made any money.

Get to the 'why', otherwise your just another person donating test and licensing fee money to the state and
there are thousands of them in Insurance and R/E.

The states and the 'prep' schools LOVE the 'extra' money.
Get real or just donate your money the 'easy way' by way of the state lottery.

c) "Not sure how true this is but it seems that selling life now is way harder":
PLEASE....
....Before what?

This again is part of the loser's handbook..... (seems, harder...NOW)

Wake up Chicago Cubs
, you were losing
during WWII
Watergate
Oil embargos
Money ball
Steroids
Live ball
Dead ball
STOP talking about what 'era' it is...... they crown a champs EVERY YEAR.

d)"People just don't have a lot of extra money" : See above.......every year!

e) "My real main concern is .... this kind of problem."
* Sounds like your main concern is fear and uncertainty and this "kind of problem" can only be solved with unwavering commitment to 'knowing' you have what it takes to be 'dat dude/chick'....only YOU can answer that one.

The truth of the matter is the 'wins' are out there to be had if you want them and so are the 'losses' if you accept them...

Think about it.... hookers are going to make money no matter what....whether it's
L.A. in the spring
Chicago in February
Atlanta in August
money will be spent but for some, it will be too:
Rainy
Cold
Hot

The difference:
Choosing a winners mind set or a losers, both are FREE.:idea:

Best of LUCK

Last edited:
For most married guys "every now and again" is an UPGRADE.
If you're married and can get it THAT.... regular, you take it.

(Did I mention.....I'm divorced) :twitchy:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please don't take this the wrong way but your post is full of the seeds of failure....and if you are THAT person, keep your day job.
Again, no offense , this isn't a personal attack just calling 'em as I see 'em.

Those looking for 'failure' use terms like:
a) "I'm 'hesitant because of the economy.' "
= B.S losers say cause they aren't winners

b)."I have had my license for some time now and tried at it...but"
= Loser talk for "I've played grab azz, for awhile and I don't have a clue, what I'm doing" or WHY I haven't made any money.

Get to the 'why', otherwise your just another person donating test and licensing fee money to the state and
there are thousands of them in Insurance and R/E.

The states and the 'prep' schools LOVE the 'extra' money.
Get real or just donate your money the 'easy way' by way of the state lottery.

c) "Not sure how true this is but it seems that selling life now is way harder":
PLEASE....
....Before what?

This again is part of the loser's handbook..... (seems, harder...NOW)

Wake up Chicago Cubs
, you were losing
during WWII
Watergate
Oil embargos
Money ball
Steroids
Live ball
Dead ball
STOP talking about what 'era' it is...... they crown a champs EVERY YEAR.

d)"People just don't have a lot of extra money" : See above.......every year!

e) "My real main concern is .... this kind of problem."
* Sounds like your main concern is fear and uncertainty and this "kind of problem" can only be solved with unwavering commitment to 'knowing' you have what it takes to be 'dat dude/chick'....only YOU can answer that one.

The truth of the matter is the 'wins' are out there to be had if you want them and so are the 'losses' if you accept them...

Think about it.... hookers are going to make money no matter what....whether it's
L.A. in the spring
Chicago in February
Atlanta in August
money will be spent but for some, it will be too:
Rainy
Cold
Hot

The difference:
Choosing a winners mind set or a losers, both are FREE.:idea:

Best of LUCK

I kinda empathize with the original poster because Im somewhat in the same position... but Im actually thinking this would be the best time to dive in as long as you have good a strategy...and besides I agree that certain professions the economy have minimum effect on.... ie. hookers and insurance agents, lol

You come across pretty much like a know it all. I know that this can be a good line of work and can make a good amount of money with hard work and patients.

What I say is from a realistic point of view, look if someone you sell a policy to starts having a hard time money wise their life insurance is probably going to be one of the payments that stop. You can talk like everyone has money and everything is fine and I am a loser, but in the real world this economy is not doing well and getting worse. Example look at the unemployment percentages for this country. People just don't have a lot of money anymore. That is my concern, especially with a commission only job that depends on people making payments. Also I did this before and I will admit I did make a lot of newbie mistakes. And it did shy me away, but now that I have learned from my mistakes I think I can make it work. I was not thinking of it as a business and having a good solid business plan.

But what I would like to know is what helped you make that step into a commission only job.

[FONT=&quot]Well first off I clearly said in my prior post… “[/FONT]Please don't take this the wrong way” but if panties are to be bunched no matter what, there isn’t much I can do.

The words and FREE advice ‘given’ by myself and other ‘currently working’ professionals are given to those that would like to ‘accept’ the information. freely.
And for your info, my friend….. those that “[FONT=&quot]come across pretty much like,,,know it alls” usually come across that way because jealous ppl are intimated by demonstrated superior knowledge or accomplishments. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If a person ‘knows’ about the ‘Civil War’ of course they are going to “come across like they know it all”…..
because that person (unlike you ‘no offense’) has “confidence” in their grasp of the subject at HAND.
I never said I knew everything, but you’re RIGHT…. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I come across as confidant (in my belief) of what I do know….
Winners
tend to do that (hopefully you’ll pick it up as you move along).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I know you’re going to take this as a personal attack and for that I’m sorry,
if you can’t see the forest for the trees, maybe my words might help someone else that WANTS the help.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Folks, people want to be around or follow those that ‘know’ what they are talking about…
chicks, buds and clients, all the same. If the truth sounds too cocky for you?...Tampons are in aisle 4. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I wasn’t speaking on plumbing or carburetors (subjects of which I don’t know much about) but when speaking about this SALES game….
yeah the opinion may come across “like I know it” because I do know a lot….. isn’t that why f*ckers ask questions of those that do, KNOW.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Don’t cry when somebody ‘tells’ you, how it is…if you prefer to see life as if this ‘economy’ can’t support clients making payments….THEN QUIT.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you truly believe that is the reality, then it would be stupid to ‘take the plunge’ into this business, right? You say that’s the “real world”, well why would some fool who “knew it all, along” that clients couldn’t pay….. plunge into a BUSINESS based upon such an absurdity?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You said you made mistakes in the past, and I believe (just me) a mistake you are still making is looking at this business as “a commission only job”. That, Just Over Broke mentality doesn’t work here…..[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I tried to explain and encourage you to go in with ‘winning’ on your mind but if you insist on focusing on what could go wrong, so be it that’s your reality. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sure you’re right, we never know 100% when some clients may have ‘tough’ times and stop paying their premiums but how much time are to focus of that and that’s true no matter when we sell. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Is it enough to sit around the bar talking about have ‘tough’ this sales racket is?....Not me and not those that choose to WIN.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Do you have any evidence that there is a mass reduction in folks NOT paying their premiums, in THIS economy?.....
No, that’s your FEAR talking…..and I didn’t BLAME you for it….I simply said don’t feed into it.
I tried to explain that there are plenty of ppl making money in this industry….TODAY and we will continue tomorrow and the next day. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you‘d like to join us Great….if you don’t ‘believe’ no problem, don’t.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Folks that work jobs are great ppl to, they just have JOBS, we need folks that have that FEAR or there wouldn’t be employees in the world. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
There isn’t anything wrong with succumbing to the realization that the ‘fear’ of uncertainty isn’t for EVERYBODY and maybe looking toward a guaranteed biweekly check might fit better within one's wheelhouse...there is no shame in that.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Best of Luck,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Eric[/FONT]

Gemini is right though, if you go in thinking people can't afford this, or times are bad so you can't make any money. Guess what? You won't make money.

You can't make excuses, hundreds of thousands of agents are making good money and you could too if you just work hard.

It's entirely possible that you won't make any money since over 90% of agents fail.
It was something that I was concerned about my first year as well. But I'm SOOO glad I stuck with it.

Good luck

...but in the real world this economy is not doing well and getting worse.
One thing is for sure...there has never been a time of greater opportunity than NOW. The winners see this, the losers don't.
Example look at the unemployment percentages for this country.
What is it, about 9%? Here's how I look at it: the employment rate is 91%. Deal with them!
That is my concern, especially with a commission only job that depends on people making payments.
It's not for everyone, some folks are just cut-out to have a job. They falsely believe it provides "security".

I have to agree that this advice is very solid. I sell life, and annuities. I have had my license for some time now and tried at it part time but got no where.

I want to jump in full time but am hesitant because of the economy. Not sure how true this is but it seems that selling life now is way harder than before. People just don't have a lot of extra money. My real main concern is quitting my current job jump in full swing and run into this kind of problem. Is this something you guys are running into?

You have to commit with no looking back or not do it at all. No excuses, no worry about the economy, etc. Honestly, you do not sound like you are ready to do that. I am not trying to be harsh just honest. There is nothing wrong with that. Everybody wants to be their own boss, be entrepenuers, and own their own businesses. However, very few people are willing to stomach the risk and do the blood, sweat, and tears that make it happen. My greatest complement was when I quit the best job I ever had and started a competing business and the owner of that business said, "I will give you one thing you have balls."

Last edited:
Back