Talked to the VP of Humana for my area.

Medicare bro

Super Genius
I asked him what he thought about Wellcare not paying commissions. He seemed surprised and said he didn't hear anything. When I told him he was so callous about it. He was like, "times are changing", then he said, "last year we had more enrollments from Medicare.gov and through the Humana website then those coming from agents. Blew me away with how he was almost like companies are trying to get rid of agents all together. They don't want to pay commissions if they don't have to. They want us out and are trying to figure out everyday how to do that.

I asked him what he thought about Wellcare not paying commissions. He seemed surprised and said he didn't hear anything. When I told him he was so callous about it. He was like, "times are changing", then he said, "last year we had more enrollments from Medicare.gov and through the Humana website then those coming from agents. Blew me away with how he was almost like companies are trying to get rid of agents all together. They don't want to pay commissions if they don't have to. They want us out and are trying to figure out everyday how to do that.
They could care less about it! They are a POS

If you have regional carriers drive the biz to them. They want and need us, I use Humana for 2 things only dsnp and they just screwed that up and pdp and they just fixed that

I have been on the carrier side of the business my entire 42 years, doing group medical. You should not be surprised by this at all, even though you were. For most of the carriers out there, they do not see the broker/agent as their customer. I do not intend any disrespect towards anyone, but it is a fact for many carriers. As technology has advanced, they have been slowly shedding reliance on the broker/agent.

I have been on the carrier side of the business my entire 42 years, doing group medical. You should not be surprised by this at all, even though you were. For most of the carriers out there, they do not see the broker/agent as their customer. I do not intend any disrespect towards anyone, but it is a fact for many carriers. As technology has advanced, they have been slowly shedding reliance on the broker/agent.
The ramifications of this are just huge. I’ve heard over a million people have a health and life license. That is not including staff and accountants and marketers. Then you have all the call centers the FMO’s and Integrity. In 5-10 years half of those people or more will be cooked. Integrity went all in on Medicare they are gonna be cooked.

Back