Telemarket Business Owners vs. Internet Leads

Thanks ...I would call a lead where the prospect is willing to allow you to quote them.

Healthagent: Hey, if that is not it then what would you say? Everyone has an opinion.....I wasn't looking for an opinion. I was kind of hoping for some solid feedback from someone with real data and proven components.

Thanks again..........

You're violating sales 101 - asking a question:

Do you have time for me to run quotes?
Do you have time to do an application?
If you're busy, would you like me to call you back later?

The first thing you need to do is make statements.

I would call a lead where the prospect is willing to allow you to quote them.

No commitment from the prospect here...you'll do lots of quotes..but won't write many cases. This is still a suspect, not a prospect.

You need to get some agreement under what circumstances they'll go forward...and do an application, if your quote is attractive.

You're violating sales 101 - asking a question:

Do you have time for me to run quotes?
Do you have time to do an application?
If you're busy, would you like me to call you back later?

The first thing you need to do is make statements.

I have found my best success comes from saying, "I've talked to a lot of business owner lately who are frusterated with their health insurance premiums and I wanted to see if it was a concern of yours?" If yes, it puts you in a position to qualify further and ask questions about their situation.

"....calling to see if we could give you a quote on your health insurance?" I'm surprised you're even getting lead an hour.

That was my first thought also.

I have found my best success comes from saying, "I've talked to a lot of business owner lately who are frusterated with their health insurance premiums and I wanted to see if it was a concern of yours?" If yes, it puts you in a position to qualify further and ask questions about their situation.

That was my first thought also.

I love this and you know they will all say that they are frusterated with their health insurance premiums.

You are setting them up for the sale.

I take my hat off to you. Good Stuff. Some other agents should copy this.

...yes very good stuff, but do you lead off with that???

I consider myself a very good sales guy. I Have alway been successful. I admit I have previously been an outside sales guy and not a phone guy. I believe there are certain components to every sale. I use this:

1. Preparation, being ready for your sale.
3. Repour; establish connections here.
4. The survey; seeing the lay of the land. Asking questions. This is where you plant doubt in what the prospect has currently.
5. Sell your product; attributes.
5. Sell your company; so they won't shop around.
6. The Close... add sense of urgency so they buy now. Time is running out.

From the phone side I think I need some feedback as to an opening statement. I come off as confident if not aggressive. I just plow through the calls. I would like to hear from guys that do this and have successful call ratios.

Thanks.,

Back