Telemarketing

I personally don't like that method. I'm leaving very short messages but it's a short intro to why I'm calling:

"I'm John Petrowski, the owner of Health Solutions and I'm calling because a lot of the top companies like Aetna, United Healthcare and Time Insurance now have new health insurance plans with lower rates. I'd like to send you the rates and plan details so you can compare what's available. Call me back at 410-874-7241."

It's literally 12 seconds.

Try this...

I like it John! Quick and to the point! Everyone wants lower premiums right? Try this:

Hey ______, this is Kris Willy with Colorado Health Solutions here in Denver, I just wanted to let you know that there are some new health insurance plans available that most people don't even know about that are designed to save you money. I just need to know where can I send your quotes to? Call me back at xxx-xxx-xxxx and let me know?

You really don't have to send them anywhere if you don't want to. The whole goal is to get them on the phone live so you can ask the health questions, the rest is up to you! I would probe and find the hot buttons at that point. Use your sales ability kids!

Also, I always make sure to tell them where I am located, "hey I'm local and a real live human being, I'm not someone calling from Florida!" People can relate and picture in their minds where you are calling from then. (If they are close I will even throw out the cross streets that I'm at).

Good luck!

Heck, I like yours better than mine. I'm switching today. I must say that I've gotten used to the telemarketing and at this point it's a habit - 2 hours a day. It's getting me 4 leads a day but I'm only closing about 1 out of 8. Still, it's 2 to 3 deals a week and well worth it.

Just to let everyone know, leaving messages does work. I got my first call back today and the quality is very high. For the 12 seconds it takes for me to leave the message I not only feel a lot more professional but apparently this will result in a few more deals.

john_petrowski said:
Just to let everyone know, leaving messages does work. I got my first call back today and the quality is very high. For the 12 seconds it takes for me to leave the message I not only feel a lot more professional but apparently this will result in a few more deals.

Yes, plus you feel like after an hour of calling and no leads you have not wasted your time because your business card is on someone's machine. You either waste 40 seconds on a no answer or make it 55 seconds and get your name out there.

Absolutely true, although I'm consistently getting two to three leads per hour and this is probably going to take over as my main source of marketing.

I was telemarketing all wrong months ago and didn't enjoy it. I was trying to go too far with people on the first call. Now my first call is a very light touch "....would like to send you out the plan details and rates so you can see your choices..." No qualifying, no health history, no anything else. Great reponse and I use my follow up call to weed everyone out.

Back