Texting Scope

Medicare bro

Super Genius
I always send out a scope via text. I will admit people will show up without having sent the scope back. Is this a big no no or would I have some ground to stand on because the scope was sent. When they come in I have them sign one in my office.

I always send out a scope via text. I will admit people will show up without having sent the scope back. Is this a big no no or would I have some ground to stand on because the scope was sent. When they come in I have them sign one in my office.
Most carriers don't request a copy of scope.

But, in the event that they do request this specific one for whatever reason:
I would write, "sent scope request 9/24 for 10/3 meeting, client didn't want to sign any documents before meeting, client has a right to refuse to sign but still access health insurance, showed up, signed @ office before explaining benefits."

In the old days when we had the 48 hr rule, before we even had text scope options - I would often write "refused to sign" on the scope - I would e-mail people the document and ask them to print it and sign before I showed up... yeah, like they were going to do that. This was when we used to have to fax them in with application.

In short -demonstrate that you tried - and if it's the exception and not the rule, you should be good. Especially since the carriers almost never check.

I would write, "sent scope request 9/24 for 10/3 meeting, client didn't want to sign any documents before meeting, client has a right to refuse to sign but still access health insurance, showed up, signed @ office before explaining benefits."
Great advice! Thank you so much!

A few years ago, a local regional carrier, who was just getting into broker sales and didnt have their scope, told me to just write "phone signature" in the client signature field, and send that to them. I decided to get a scope via a different method. But I found that pretty funny. At the time the enrollment process to was to call the carrier with the applicant on a 3 way call, and the carrier took the application.

I do telephonic scopes all the time, especially for seniors who I suspect will have problems with technology. Granted, it's an extra step to talk to someone over the phone, but at least I have their approval documented.

I do telephonic scopes all the time, especially for seniors who I suspect will have problems with technology. Granted, it's an extra step to talk to someone over the phone, but at least I have their approval documented.

I also do telephonic scopes often. Nearly all my LEAN/Jarvis voice enrollments, I do the voice scope. I use a script provided to me.

Do any other agents have their own version of what UHC provides, a 3rd party number you can call, and conference into with the applicant for the recorded call?

I have voip lines for recording enrollments that applicants can call. However, if I get a call on my cell, and they are ready to enroll, I can’t record the scope and enrollment without either having g them call a different line (voip) or doing the UHC conference.

Back