The Future of P&C - Bright or Bleak?

As the law stands insurance is required to be sold through licensed "agents". Would an automated, multiple carrier, online model qualify as an "agent" to quote and issue? Or would it only be allowed to generate quotes then pass it to a human "agent" to issue?

I am a commercial p&c agent. I actually insure a company that sells life insurance online with 0 human communication.

Anyone want to weigh in here with new perspective......

Yes. I am commercial p&c. 0 personal, and very little life. The future looks good for me. I see the internet taking a bit more of a bite out of my business, but not much.

If I was selling life or personal insurance, I would be worried.

Yes. I am commercial p&c. 0 personal, and very little life. The future looks good for me. I see the internet taking a bit more of a bite out of my business, but not much.

If I was selling life or personal insurance, I would be worried.
How do you market your agency in the commercial P&C space?

Any specific niches?

How do you market your agency in the commercial P&C space?

Any specific niches?

I do 0 advertising.

About 50% of my premium is repair and body shops. These guys are highly networked and I am very good from practice at asking for referrals. The rest of the business comes in from my phone ringing from word of mouth. Business owners are generally pretty bright people. If you go out of your way to try to help them, they can usually see that, and they tell their friends. Then they call me, buy insurance, and tell their friends, and on and on.

Back