The Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA)

Re: The Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIP

I
In other words, both of these practices are a clear violation. In the case of an appointment for a Med Supp, and obtaining the SOA for an MA presentation, there is a 48 hour waiting period, because it was an unsolicited contact. Unsolicited is the key word.

That's a part of what makes it so funny. If you were a health insurance company that only did Medicare Advantage, why would you risk so much? I don't have the answer to that, but it wont surprise me if they have to shut their doors.

That's a part of what makes it so funny. If you were a health insurance company that only did Medicare Advantage, why would you risk so much? I don't have the answer to that, but it wont surprise me if they have to shut their doors.

UHC does offer Advantage, med sup and drug plans. Sometimes leads indicate you only have permission to show med sup.

UHC does offer Advantage, med sup and drug plans. Sometimes leads indicate you only have permission to show med sup.

I was NOT talking about UHC. I was talking about SOME Brokers.

Some people (Brokers) are getting desperate, and are breaking laws. It will only catch up to them in the long run. It angers me, because Insurance Agents are supposed to be ethical , and play by the rules. It just seems as if some rotten apples have to ruin it for the whole bunch. No wonder CMS cut commissions in half, although I wish we were paid more. I wish they would punish those specific agents (that don't play within the rules) instead of the whole group.

Some brokers are ruining the professional reputation of the whole industry.

I was NOT talking about UHC. I was talking about SOME Brokers.

Some people (Brokers) are getting desperate, and are breaking laws. It will only catch up to them in the long run. It angers me, because Insurance Agents are supposed to be ethical , and play by the rules. It just seems as if some rotten apples have to ruin it for the whole bunch. No wonder CMS cut commissions in half, although I wish we were paid more. I wish they would punish those specific agents (that don't play within the rules) instead of the whole group.

Some brokers are ruining the professional reputation of the whole industry.

I would say that the brokers out there that are not following the rules are doing exactly as they were trained. A rouge broker just going on his own and violating rules would be few and far between.

I would say that the brokers out there that are not following the rules are doing exactly as they were trained. A rouge broker just going on his own and violating rules would be few and far between.

I'd like to think you're right, but that's not the case. There are lots of indy agents that are violating the new regulations (and old) that *think* that's just "how it's done". I would be surprised if more than 80% of agents don't try to bend or break the rules.

Back