The new economy and lapses

I don't believe that either, but I do believe in economic principles, and our clients will make choices based on how their incomes are effected.

My prediction, for me at least, is that I will be running around more often attempting to conserve business that has NSF'ed. Wish gas wasn't so pricey. :yes:

I don't like it but it is what it is. I'm not going to worry about it. Yes, the person that is not going to buy will have a new excuse to not buy. But even without these new excuses they weren't going to buy.

The person that sees value in their life insurance will find a way to keep it. The person that doesn't see value were hanging by a thread anyway.

Last edited:
Gas prices were higher 15 years ago than today.
"In the year 2007, the average retail price of gas was $2.80. This is equivalent to $3.61 in 2021 dollars. Note: We determine the value of a dollar using the Consumer Price Index from December of the previous year."

Don't about where you live but, here it is in the $3.99 range so it would be higher today than then.

"In the year 2007, the average retail price of gas was $2.80. This is equivalent to $3.61 in 2021 dollars. Note: We determine the value of a dollar using the Consumer Price Index from December of the previous year."

Don't about where you live but, here it is in the $3.99 range so it would be higher today than then.
Sorry, 14 years ago:

U.S. All Grades All Formulations Retail Gasoline Prices (Dollars per Gallon)

It is not higher and adjusting for inflation only helps my point.

I'm not saying it isn't expensive. Gas in Northern NV is around 4 bucks for premium as well. I made other comments about wood, chicken, etc. in previous threads over the last few years.

I have also been pounding the inflation table for years. You can't have wild stock market growth with interest rates this low for a prolonged period without inflation.

But everyone is picking on gas like somehow "the libs did this" when this has been predicted for much longer.

It was only a matter of time.

Sorry, 14 years ago:

U.S. All Grades All Formulations Retail Gasoline Prices (Dollars per Gallon)

It is not higher and adjusting for inflation only helps my point.

I'm not saying it isn't expensive. Gas in Northern NV is around 4 bucks for premium as well. I made other comments about wood, chicken, etc. in previous threads over the last few years.

I have also been pounding the inflation table for years. You can't have wild stock market growth with interest rates this low for a prolonged period without inflation.

But everyone is picking on gas like somehow "the libs did this" when this has been predicted for much longer.

It was only a matter of time.

The most I've ever paid was $4.50/gal in 2006. And I paid it a lot. I was still showing horses then and using about 80-100 gallons a weekend. I didn't know in 2006 it was the administration's fault though. :1wink:

The most I've ever paid was $4.50/gal in 2006. And I paid it a lot. I was still showing horses then and using about 80-100 gallons a weekend. I didn't know in 2006 it was the administration's fault though. :1wink:
I don't remember paying over $3.50 per gallon until this year. I am talking about actual price. Inflation adjusted may be a different story.

I don't remember paying over $3.50 per gallon until this year. I am talking about actual price. Inflation adjusted may be a different story.

Actual price, $4.50/gal in 2006.

I don’t know what that is adjusted for inflation.

They blamed it on Katrina. But now I’ve learned it was all W. No mitigating factors for any hardships in life.

It’s all politics.

In June of 2008 (from the graph I posted), 14 years ago, George Bush was president.

So I'm not sure what you want to call him, but gas prices are not solely political.
My mistake... Well, GWB was an oil man. Guess he needed the extra money! :)

Hard to believe it has only been that long since GWB was President. Seems like it was a century ago.

Latest posts

Back