The Official Merry Christmas Thread.

Anonymous donors pay off Kmart layaway accounts - Yahoo! News

The young father stood in line at the Kmart layaway counter, wearing dirty clothes and worn-out boots. With him were three small children.He asked to pay something on his bill because he knew he wouldn't be able to afford it all before Christmas. Then a mysterious woman stepped up to the counter.
"She told him, 'No, I'm paying for it,'" recalled Edna Deppe, assistant manager at the store in Indianapolis. "He just stood there and looked at her and then looked at me and asked if it was a joke. I told him it wasn't, and that she was going to pay for him. And he just busted out in tears."

That is a heart warming story.

Thank You

Anonymous donors pay off Kmart layaway accounts - Yahoo! News

The young father stood in line at the Kmart layaway counter, wearing dirty clothes and worn-out boots. With him were three small children.He asked to pay something on his bill because he knew he wouldn't be able to afford it all before Christmas. Then a mysterious woman stepped up to the counter.
"She told him, 'No, I'm paying for it,'" recalled Edna Deppe, assistant manager at the store in Indianapolis. "He just stood there and looked at her and then looked at me and asked if it was a joke. I told him it wasn't, and that she was going to pay for him. And he just busted out in tears."

Happy holidays to all and thank you for all your input on the forum this year. It's been kind of slow-going for me this year but I'm ramping up for 2012.

A young man that I know was sentenced to 10 years in prison for sex with an under age girl. He is 24 and the girl was 15 and wild as a March hare. He says she pursued him for a good while and when he was drinking he succumbed. She was his baby sitter. I tend to believe him but anyway he left a wife with a small child. Some of us got together and came up with $200 for them for Christmas. When we gave it to his wife she broke down in tears.

Happy holidays to all and thank you for all your input on the forum this year. It's been kind of slow-going for me this year but I'm ramping up for 2012.

The great thing about this year is it will be history in a few days. You can concentrate on 2012. Next week make a few calls to the people you have sold in the past. Warm calls always get the juices flowing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A young man that I know was sentenced to 10 years in prison for sex with an under age girl. He is 24 and the girl was 15 and wild as a March hare. He says she pursued him for a good while and when he was drinking he succumbed. She was his baby sitter. I tend to believe him but anyway he left a wife with a small child. Some of us got together and came up with $200 for them for Christmas. When we gave it to his wife she broke down in tears.

That was very cool of you guys. Bet it felt as good to you as it did to her.

Last edited:

Nice deed by you and your friends. 10 years seem harsh.

Nice deed by you and your friends. 10 years seem harsh.

I thought ten years was very harsh given his age and the circumstances. He is a family man, with a decent job, and no record. However, he was poor and had a public defender. I am going to write a letter as part of his asking for a reduction of the sentence.

I thought ten years was very harsh given his age and the circumstances. He is a family man, with a decent job, and no record. However, he was poor and had a public defender. I am going to write a letter as part of his asking for a reduction of the sentence.
and how did he get busted..................

Back