The Power of Referals!

DS4

Guru
1000 Post Club
I rec'd a telephone call this morning from a 57 yr old woman named Dorothy needing health insurance. She is the sister of someone I already insure. I directed her to my website while we were on the telephone. While we were chit chatting, I asked her if she had the availability of group coverage through an employer (she is retired). What about coverage through your spouse? She replied, "Oh, he already has his own Anthem health plan, and, besides, he will be 65 this September.
Bingo!! Another lead!
I could feel by the tone of her voice she didn't want to talk about her spouse so I got back to focusing on her. We decided she would apply electronically through my website for a $5000 deductible HSA.
Before we hung up, I again brought up her husband. Sensing she was receptive, I asked for his name and date of birth. I told her I could assist him with a Medicare supplement, and, a Part D Rx card.
To this she replied, "Oh, you can help him with that?" Gotta love this business.
I told you that story to tell you this story.
In 1988, I cold called a business and sold the owner and his wife (Eva) an individual health plan. The husband passed away in 1999. In 2005, upon turning age 65, I sold Eva a Med supp & PDP.
Eva referred Jeff L. to me, sold him A Med supp & PDP 6.01.08.
Jeff referred Dave K. to me, sold him a Med supp & PDP. 9.01.08
Dave referred his wife, MaryAnn to me, sold her an IFP plan 10.15.08.
And now MaryAnn has referred her sister, Dorothy and her soon to be age 65 husband.
All this from a cold call in 1988..

95% of my business is referrals. You instantly play a more trusted advisory role instead of just a bag and tag sale. IMO it's the best way to go.

I rec'd a telephone call this morning from a 57 yr old woman named Dorothy needing health insurance. She is the sister of someone I already insure. I directed her to my website while we were on the telephone. While we were chit chatting, I asked her if she had the availability of group coverage through an employer (she is retired). What about coverage through your spouse? She replied, "Oh, he already has his own Anthem health plan, and, besides, he will be 65 this September.
Bingo!! Another lead!
I could feel by the tone of her voice she didn't want to talk about her spouse so I got back to focusing on her. We decided she would apply electronically through my website for a $5000 deductible HSA.
Before we hung up, I again brought up her husband. Sensing she was receptive, I asked for his name and date of birth. I told her I could assist him with a Medicare supplement, and, a Part D Rx card.
To this she replied, "Oh, you can help him with that?" Gotta love this business.
I told you that story to tell you this story.
In 1988, I cold called a business and sold the owner and his wife (Eva) an individual health plan. The husband passed away in 1999. In 2005, upon turning age 65, I sold Eva a Med supp & PDP.
Eva referred Jeff L. to me, sold him A Med supp & PDP 6.01.08.
Jeff referred Dave K. to me, sold him a Med supp & PDP. 9.01.08
Dave referred his wife, MaryAnn to me, sold her an IFP plan 10.15.08.
And now MaryAnn has referred her sister, Dorothy and her soon to be age 65 husband.
All this from a cold call in 1988..

I don't track it but I would say if I get a customer due to a cold-call via phone, mail,etc, it is an almost guaranteed 3 sales. I don't think I have ever just sold one policy without a spouse or referral buying one too.

So sir, I would say that you are correct.

Tim Tebow sits on the bench for more than one season. The wide receiver picked in the first round is to be a replacement for Brandon Marshall who was sent packing. It's hard to see how the Bronco's improved themselves from last year. Your coach is either going to build a winner or destroy the franchise in short order. For your sake, I hope it's the former. Humm.... what's this got to do with insurance? Sorry for digressing.

Tim Tebow sits on the bench for more than one season. The wide receiver picked in the first round is to be a replacement for Brandon Marshall who was sent packing. It's hard to see how the Bronco's improved themselves from last year. Your coach is either going to build a winner or destroy the franchise in short order. For your sake, I hope it's the former. Humm.... what's this got to do with insurance? Sorry for digressing.

It would have no effect on my life what so ever.

Back