They Want Enrollers, Not Agents

Thanks for the apology KGMOM.

I never could stand paper work (and that would mean online submissions too), and thank gawd we once had 3 staff to just help with submission back in the health insurance office days, when even then I didn't write more than 10 in a whole week (minus supps). I could not imagine doing 12 apps a day ACA. Again, I bow to and salute those who have the time and patience to do so.

I have always prided myself on working SMARTER, NOT HARDER. I don't write ACA for the same reason I wouldn't write Bx back in the day (except in some cases (and even at 5% Bx commish in Michigan, I had a good amount as earned coming in monthly...still have it trickling in, but I surely didn't look for Bx prospects--would only write good referral/client paying for other products, friend, family or neighbor, or someone who gives referrals, even the cherry picked small business employees where one would not qualify for GR or Assurant)....not enough pay, too much work.

In that regard, it could be argued that I am lazy, but one would beg to differ that I would be dumb. lol Having raised three kids as a single mother during the height of Health Insurance Gravy Days, my time was much too valuable then, and it is still much too valuable. I have to have time for my own enjoyment, and lots of it.

I probably shouldn't come in HCR threads...lol. As I said earlier in this thread, the choice to leave Health was like a divorce....now it's like opening a Pandora's box...just to take a peek and size up whether or not I made the right choice by leaving...and I would have to say, I am still glad I left, even if it was almost kicking and screaming.

We as humans do not like change, but it surely is a necessary "evil". The changes I had to make were merely a script change and add more life products, I already had the ancillaries being cross sold...it shouldn't have been that big a deal, but still to this day, I sometimes make the mistake of starting off with the old script/pitch....lol The hardest part was changing from using the health to get in the door...it was a little harder for me to use life insurance to get in the door...using health to get in the door is MUCH easier in my opinion. Maybe we could call the health agents lazy and dumb now. Having done both, it takes a whole lot less creativity to get in the door with health... lol Just kidding, but we could debate for days this subject.

Now looking back I ask myself why didn't I start in LI, CI, and DI in the first place....so much less headache. Claims and all levels of service are so much easier...so much less service needed. Smart, not lazy. Surely not dumb. Just saying...maybe I was "dumb" by even starting with health as a primary product, and not Life ....lol...or really, truth be told, I was not fully educated on all that I could do when I was a newbie.

Well, a lot could be debated here...but, I'm going to try and stay out of the Pandora's Box---my new name for health care reform. :) While I grew up in the 80s I don't ratt and roll....more like Nike, I just do it!!!

It seems UHC can handle the margins and still pass on a decent commission in most markets. They controlled their MLR, revenues grew, profits grew...........we best not get a commission cut.

UnitedHealth books another profitable quarter, raises 2015 outlook - Modern Healthcare

----------

And committed to ACA..........for now. Rolling out in Arkansas next year

Big insurer bids to join state's hub

Dear Obamacare God, I pray to thee that UHC comes out ON exchange with a well priced PPO in Texas so I can stop writing the colored company. Thank you and AMEN.

KGB mom... god called me and asked me to tell you never invoke his name in anything Obama created

he said the foolish shall get what they get... or something like that... sounded like a bush was burning in the background

KGB mom... god called me and asked me to tell you never invoke his name in anything Obama created

he said the foolish shall get what they get... or something like that... sounded like a bush was burning in the background

Did he call you on your Obamaphone???

Dear Obamacare God, I pray to thee that UHC comes out ON exchange with a well priced PPO in Texas so I can stop writing the colored company. Thank you and AMEN.

2015 UHC had such an odd directory: Medical City based. The rates were good, however, a POS. I wrote 'one' and never did get her paid. In calling the number to pay I was asked: "Is this Cobra?" Never did find those people. They obviously were not prepared in 2015; hopefully in 2016. They sent me a $50 bonus. I had to write something else on the lady because we could not find them. It was sad.

It seems UHC can handle the margins and still pass on a decent commission in most markets. They controlled their MLR, revenues grew, profits grew...........we best not get a commission cut.

UnitedHealth books another profitable quarter, raises 2015 outlook - Modern Healthcare

----------

And committed to ACA..........for now. Rolling out in Arkansas next year

Big insurer bids to join state's hub

I went back to this thread I started in April about how agents are no longer valued because it's so clear it's true, they (CMS, Marketplace, insurance companies) just want us to enroll our clients, they could care less if we advise them on anything.

Then I saw the comment about UHC being able to manage their exchange biz, how prophetic.... :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :nah: :nah: :nah:

Ugh. FLM2, you just had to point this out didn't you, my friend?

This makes UHC seem Bi-Polar.

Or maybe us.

To think KGMom was praying for this.

And prophetic Tater heard a burning bomb (er, I mean bush) in the background.

:swoon:

I went back to this thread I started in April about how agents are no longer valued because it's so clear it's true, they (CMS, Marketplace, insurance companies) just want us to enroll our clients, they could care less if we advise them on anything.

Then I saw the comment about UHC being able to manage their exchange biz, how prophetic.... :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :nah: :nah: :nah:

Did you say pathetic? :yes:

Ugh. FLM2, you just had to point this out didn't you, my friend?

This makes UHC seem Bi-Polar.

Or maybe us.

To think KGMom was praying for this.

And prophetic Tater heard a burning bomb (er, I mean bush) in the background.

:swoon:

Ann, sorry, but that's why I truly feel like ACA is going away (or the gov't will have eat all of the losses to keep any insurers around), it's just a loser and can trick even smart executives (let alone the ones who don't have that much on the ball).
=

Back