Thieves fraudulently billing Medicare for catheters on behalf of Utahns

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Medicare paid out thousands of dollars for a medical device on behalf of a Utahn that never ordered it, let alone received it. Turns out, she's caught up in a massive fraud scheme that could be costing taxpayers billions.

Gary Johnson discovered a discrepancy while examining his wife's Medicare statement.

"It was for some urinary catheters which my wife does not use, has never used," Johnson said. "A total of $15,500."

"Medicare fraud is a big thing," she said. "They're estimating about $60 billion worth of fraud every year through Medicare."

I looked at my Mom's claims recently and she had at least 6 payments for a cathetor. She lives in FL and has never used this device. I called the Medicare Fraud line and reported it. The provider was a boutique, Pink Lady, or something like that. I told the rep that the name alone should raise a red flag. They acted like it was no big deal. As far as I know she is still being billed.

The same thing happened with COVID test. She was billed dozens of times. I am sure my Mom gave some preditor over the phone her Medicare number but according to her she never makes a mistake.

Medicare paid out thousands of dollars for a medical device on behalf of a Utahn that never ordered it, let alone received it. Turns out, she's caught up in a massive fraud scheme that could be costing taxpayers billions.

Gary Johnson discovered a discrepancy while examining his wife's Medicare statement.

"It was for some urinary catheters which my wife does not use, has never used," Johnson said. "A total of $15,500."

"Medicare fraud is a big thing," she said. "They're estimating about $60 billion worth of fraud every year through Medicare."

learned something today that people from Utah are called Utahns which made me look it up and also learned learned this:

"The residents of Utah fought hard to get the official nickname for residents: Utahns. Many years ago they went by "Utahans," but most found that too hard to pronounce and spell! "

I assume the young people in Utah are called Yutes?

Last edited:
Back