Thinking about career change

Sep 23, 2007

1. daddioh

daddioh Expert

State:
    Tennessee
    :nah:Hey everyone! I am a Real Estate agent in TN. The market has slowed tremendously. I am looking for a change, but I like sales. I have been contacted on monster by United American and Liberty National. I have read ALOT of negative on both these companies. What would be a good company in TN? I am a hard worker and I am 46 with 7 years of sales experience coupled with 21 yrs HR experience, including P & A in retirement/pension. I appreciate any advice.

daddioh, Sep 23, 2007
  2. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    What part of TN? I may be able to put you in touch with some folks who can give you local steerage & sound advice.

somarco, Sep 23, 2007
  3. daddioh

daddioh Expert

State:
    Tennessee
    Germantown is just outside Memphis. Appreciate any hook-up.:)

daddioh, Sep 23, 2007
  4. somarco

State:
    Georgia
    My connections in the Memphis area are quite old. Don't know they would do much good.

James on this board is in the Maryville area and if you want to email me I will give you the name of a recruiting GA in Knoxville. These would be life contacts.

Health insurance is an easier path in my opinion but not without its' difficulties & challenges either.

somarco, Sep 23, 2007
  5. David C

David C Guru

Shoemaker Financial has an office in Germantown. They are affiliated with Minnesota Life, and they are good people.

David C, Sep 23, 2007
  6. somarco

State:
    Georgia
    Newby on this forum is in the Sevierville area (believe that is correct).

somarco, Sep 23, 2007
  7. daddioh

daddioh Expert

State:
    Tennessee
    thanks!

daddioh, Sep 23, 2007
  8. Newby

Newby Guru

State:
    Indiana
    No I'm in Southern Indiana. I spend a lot of time in Tennessee and traveled Clarksville to Sevierville monthly for a couple of years.

I have lots of contacts in Tennessee if you want to get into Funeral or Cemetery pre-need sales. I can tell you that if you were successful in Real Estate, you will also be successful with this.

After becomming familiar with some of the struggles life and health agents have getting started, I feel very fortunate to have started in funeral sales. It has been very good to me over the last 12 years.

Newby, Sep 23, 2007
  9. daddioh

daddioh Expert

State:
    Tennessee
    If you don't mind, I would like to discuss this further. My email is [email protected]. Thanks

daddioh, Sep 23, 2007
  10. James

James Guru

So what kind of insurance are you thinking about selling? You are on the other side of the State but I know one Agency that does LTC and Life (primarily) out of Jackson.

James, Sep 24, 2007