Thinking of a Number

Set two new meetings per day with new people to discuss their situation and you can not fail. How many contacts that takes depends on the agent, the market, and the method.

AMEN!!!!!!
I've been doing this, pretty much on my own for a year..without any formal training on how to prospect and set appointments CORRECTLY!!!!!! I write a decent amount of business...half of it doesn't stick past 60 or 90 days.
Can't wait to find someone to actually take the time to train me!

Are you selling FE???????? (? are to meet the 20 character requirement)

AMEN!!!!!!
I've been doing this, pretty much on my own for a year..without any formal training on how to prospect and set appointments CORRECTLY!!!!!! I write a decent amount of business...half of it doesn't stick past 60 or 90 days.

i have been around 2 years they never take time to train the ones who stay. they waste all that on the high hope each new one is gonna be the rain maker :D. but if you learn by yourself you will always be able to survive the buisness. i see too many led around 4 weeks with someone else selling the insurance then when they move on to soeone else the new recruit is starved out

to the OP 20 contacts a day will give you at least 3 set down appts . and you will not fail

You are not doing something right. If I had to guess, I would say you are telling, not listening.

Part of the problem was the JUNK that I was selling..Golden Rule and Aetna Indy plans with crazy deductibles. I now have much better products to offer (Life, Health, DI, Medicare) and my mission is to find a mentor for some Insurance Training 101 in the Pittsburgh Area.

AMEN!!!!!!

Moved to own post so it would be clearly defined what I am talking
about.

Last edited:
funny, but that was exactly the question. prospecting training for new agents. someone always has too much coffee and spouts off things on here. today, you are that guy

funny, but that was exactly the question. prospecting training for new agents. someone always has too much coffee and spouts off things on here. today, you are that guy

It was a effort to solve a agents problem with chargebacks
although this post started with someone asking how many
approaches you need to make. That question has too many variables but chargebacks are almost always being in a bad target market.

I should have charged $19.99 for that post and make a training dvd out of it. lol

I Started The Post, Hand. I Know What It Was About

how many approaches would you tell a new agent to make each day for a sale? face to face or phone calls. (life insurance)
NL&A, the forerunner of AGLA taught us 40/15/5 per week. 40 face to face calls would result in 15 sit down interviews which would produce 5 sales. A call was when you actually asked for the interview. an interview was when you actually asked for the sale and a sale was when you completed an app with money collected.. Worked for years.

Back