Thinking of adding P&C to my agency to expand

It really doesnt matter if they are assigned or not at the end of the day, if you are in a network or aggregator the master code can literally do just about whatever they want. Find one with a good track record for quicker appointments, or go without and remain autonomous on hierarchy but take longer to get from point A to B.

If you have a practice already the need for an aggregator is less for sure and you already have, and are looking to expand. There are advantages and disadvantages to going with or without. You can always try without, then switch if it's just too difficult, but starting with may lock you in for longer than you want.

Best of luck either way.

Try direct first. The fact that you have an existing agency will help your chances. The thing that will hurt you is that you're in FL. I am too, and standard carriers don't love this market.

It really doesnt matter if they are assigned or not at the end of the day, if you are in a network or aggregator the master code can literally do just about whatever they want. Find one with a good track record for quicker appointments, or go without and remain autonomous on hierarchy but take longer to get from point A to B.

If you have a practice already the need for an aggregator is less for sure and you already have, and are looking to expand. There are advantages and disadvantages to going with or without. You can always try without, then switch if it's just too difficult, but starting with may lock you in for longer than you want.

Best of luck either way.
Don't you offer a program that helps those new to P&C get started?:huh:

Try direct first. The fact that you have an existing agency will help your chances. The thing that will hurt you is that you're in FL. I am too, and standard carriers don't love this market.
I reached out to a few carriers yesterday and today. Trying to go Direct.
Progressive, Universal, St. Johns, and one or two others that are slipping my memory at this exact moment.

I was a little surprised that some of the companies wanted a full on written business plan. This is totally different than the L&H side. in L&H they will give you a contract as long as you have a pulse.

Any recommendations on Carriers to pick up? I mainly work Central, and North Central Florida

Ok, so I been trying to go direct. no luck. got rejected by 3 carriers already.

Had a nice long talk with a rep from Foremost, he recommended going through a "Network" or "Cluster". I looked into a few.

SAN of Tampa Bay (I guess they are part of SIAA). Called them this morning, got the run around "no you need to talk to this person...transfer...actually you need to talk to.... transfer... hes out at lunch, we'll have to call you back..." That was over 5 hours ago. I am a little concerned I have not heard anything back yet. Not really a good sign. What if I contract with them, and need support?

Great Florida Insurance The rep mentioned talking to them. went to their website, one phone number is disconnected :err: the other number, I called 3 times before getting someone on the phone. When I did, the lady hung up on me midway through my intro...

Iroguois not sure they have enough carriers for PL to do business with.

Any thoughts or suggestions to point me in the right direction? I am in Florida

Also, can someone please clarify what "Binding Authority" is, and why it's important?

Last edited:
Ok, so I been trying to go direct. no luck. got rejected by 3 carriers already.

Had a nice long talk with a rep from Foremost, he recommended going through a "Network" or "Cluster". I looked into a few.

SAN of Tampa Bay (I guess they are part of SIAA). Called them this morning, got the run around "no you need to talk to this person...transfer...actually you need to talk to.... transfer... hes out at lunch, we'll have to call you back..." That was over 5 hours ago. I am a little concerned I have not heard anything back yet. Not really a good sign. What if I contract with them, and need support?

Great Florida Insurance The rep mentioned talking to them. went to their website, one phone number is disconnected :err: the other number, I called 3 times before getting someone on the phone. When I did, the lady hung up on me midway through my intro...

Iroguois not sure they have enough carriers for PL to do business with.

Any thoughts or suggestions to point me in the right direction? I am in Florida

Also, can someone please clarify what "Binding Authority" is, and why it's important?
Have you talked to this guy? :err:

https://insurance-forums.com/community/members/shawnmwalker.45144/

Shawn did not call back. called again this morning, phone didnt allow me to leave a message.
Any other reputable clusters out there?

Back