Thinking of Leaving "The Business"

jeniker72

Expert
I'm seriously thinking of leaving the insurance business.

Is there anything I should do? I'm presently active with two different companies and I want to know what I should prepare for, i.e. paying the company back on chargebacks, getting a letter of release, etc.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

If you are leaving the business, why do you need a release letter?

Do you mean leaving your current IMO or insurance company or getting out of this business?

AAAAHHHHAAAA!!!! Nope, no ducks, you gotta buy those things!

I'm thinking seriously of just getting out of the business altogether. Although I enjoy insurance and I find it interesting (probably sounds odd), I'm just not a door-to-door salesman and I cannot continue to do this making commissions here and there. I need steady income.

Well this may not be the business for you. Not everyone is meant to be in this business.

The trick in this business is not to give up. We all think about giving up and calling it quits. Successful agents just push through it and get out there and see the people.

I don't think any guru on here started off great. It took time and not giving up to become what they are today.

You must put a lot into this to get started. You must invest lots of time and money into this carreer.

If this is a job and not a carreer to you, then give up and quit.

I know everyone has aspects about their job that they do not like doing, no one has a perfect job, but I also think that if you dislike the majority of what you're doing and you're not getting paid to boot, it may be time to let it go. I'm no stranger to hard work, just not selling insurance door-to-door.

I'm thinking seriously of just getting out of the business altogether. Although I enjoy insurance and I find it interesting (probably sounds odd), I'm just not a door-to-door salesman and I cannot continue to do this making commissions here and there. I need steady income.

Get with an organization that can supply you with 20+ DM leads/week with thorough training on how to work the leads, present, and close. FE pays QUICK!

I thought you were looking into penn life.

If you like the business i would consider getting into the senior market, give frank s [email protected] a call/email he can train you to sell med supps and cross sell life with it. Show you how to get compare rates and get contracted and he has a lot of contacts.

If your willing to make the calls you could literally have a paycheck in a few weeks, and if you work the phones hard and consistently the paycheck will be steady.

Back