This California Law Is Ripping Away American Dreams. The Left Wants to Take It Nationwide

Uber, Lyft score a win with Prop 22. Now what? | BenefitsPRO

In one fell swoop, Uber Technologies Inc. and Lyft Inc. on Tuesday fended off labor protections that were decades in the making, allowing the companies to keep compensating their drivers as independent contractors.

By design, very little will change under the ballot measure approved by California voters that was underwritten by the ride-hailing companies, along with Instacart Inc., DoorDash Inc. and Postmates Inc.

So what if you had a W2 job and were suddenly reclassified as a 1099 and therefore all benefits would be cut, even tho you'll be performing the exact same job?

If you don't like it quit and do something else

This is what I did at the call center I worked at from 2008 to 2010 when they decided to go towards indemnity plans

that is what this country is supply and demand and free to do what you need to do

If they cant get people to work for that they will change or go under Supply and demand

If you don't like it quit and do something else

This is what I did at the call center I worked at from 2008 to 2010 when they decided to go towards indemnity plans

that is what this country is supply and demand and free to do what you need to do

If they cant get people to work for that they will change or go under Supply and demand
That line of thinking works for non-skilled entry level jobs. However, employment works best when there is some degree of loyalty and trust from both sides.

That line of thinking works for non-skilled entry level jobs. However, employment works best when there is some degree of loyalty and trust from both sides.

I don't know I have been at every level I did a lot of starting on the bottom several times in life

I believe its good, Builds character, Builds skills, creates drive most of all it creates gratitude

One thing we need to take into account the issue is not just between the employee and employer. If an accident happens and the insurance is non existent or inadequate who pays that bill or the difference? The employer will just blame it on the 10-99 for not having coverage and is a 10-99 really going to elect optional coverage, probably not. So the hospital or whatever is stuck spending resources trying to recover funds from an uber driver barely making it? Seems like a silly system, should just do it right from the beginning especially for the amount of exposure a company like uber has. 10-99's have always looked for stupid loop holes many turn to underreporting, manipulating data etc...

Back