This California Law Is Ripping Away American Dreams. The Left Wants to Take It Nationwide

It is unfortunate that rules put in place to protect a few have such unintended consequences. If I work when I want to work I am an independent. It sounds like California was more interested in the tax it could collect by making people employees without regard to their employment status.

It is unfortunate that rules put in place to protect a few have such unintended consequences. If I work when I want to work I am an independent. It sounds like California was more interested in the tax it could collect by making people employees without regard to their employment status.
All rules, or just the ones that negatively affect your professional life

All rules, or just the ones that negatively affect your professional life
Does every comment you post have to be a swipe at someone or something? No I'm speaking of rules recently put in place because people are abusing the National Parks which are now impacting the small businesses which surround the parks and the folks who come to see the wonder of places like Joshua Tree and Arches NP. I'm speaking of the idiots who can't drive slowly in a neighborhood so now everyone has to deal with speed bumps. I'm speaking of additional crap that we as agents need to do because some cheats found ways to make money that they should not have received.

Does every comment you post have to be a swipe at someone or something? No I'm speaking of rules recently put in place because people are abusing the National Parks which are now impacting the small businesses which surround the parks and the folks who come to see the wonder of places like Joshua Tree and Arches NP. I'm speaking of the idiots who can't drive slowly in a neighborhood so now everyone has to deal with speed bumps. I'm speaking of additional crap that we as agents need to do because some cheats found ways to make money that they should not have received.

I'm torn, but ultimately agree with what Ca did, even though it's detrimental to others, and caused additional work and cost to my operation. I know there are many on this thread whose opinions I respect, that disagree with me. But hey, if we all agreed on here, this site would be pretty lame, right!?!?

Whether it protects the workers or not, fed up is definitely right, this is another opportunity for Ca to line their pockets with tax dollars.

I'm a little out of the loop. What happened at the National Parks?

I'm a little out of the loop. What happened at the National Parks?
People have defaced rock walls, cut down and dug up Joshua Trees, camped where ever they felt like it because the Park Rangers were furloughed and parks were closed. Now visitors are limited, parking lots have been blocked.

People have defaced rock walls, cut down and dug up Joshua Trees, camped where ever they felt like it because the Park Rangers were furloughed and parks were closed. Now visitors are limited, parking lots have been blocked.

So, as far as the businesses, they are affected by reduced business income?

So some rules are good and some rules are bad then? And the good rules are Republican and the bad ones are Democrats?

So some rules are good and some rules are bad then? And the good rules are Republican and the bad ones are Democrats?
I don't remember EVER expressing my like or dislike for either party so once again you are trying to make an argument where none exists. My answer to your question, however, would be "NO you ***." If a group of people use a parking lot to do some things other than to shop and the rule changes to customers only, other businesses suffer. If access to a park is restricted because of abuse, neighboring businesses suffer because people can't find a spot to park their car. Speed cameras have unintended consequences when the vehicle in front of you decides that 10 MPH UNDER the posted speed is safe for passing the camera, thus causing vehicles behind to slam brakes. a bank which decides to reduce Saturday lobby and drive in access will lose more business than it costs them to man the window or desk when customers leave for friendlier banks
Not every discussion has to dissolve into a political rant but some folks are so entrenched in this blindness that they can't help themselves

If a group of people use a parking lot to do some things other than to shop and the rule changes to customers only, other businesses suffer.
And if eventually there are no parking spots left for a shop's clients, they'll find another shop that has parking.
If access to a park is restricted because of abuse, neighboring businesses suffer because people can't find a spot to park their car.
The alternative is to give open access to a park and further abuses, such that nobody wants to go to the park anymore because it's noisy and litter filled.

Back