This Changes Things with Pot Smokers in Two States.

Most insurance companies have a questions that ask about illegal drugs. But if it is legal, you can answer it no. I guess they would then only treat them like a normal smoker.

Life Insurance already treats pot smokers as tobacco users and will not decline for it.

Legal or not, they could still decline for pot use if they felt it caused an excessive risk against the terms of the policy... but I have never had a decline for pot use for any type of insurance.

Im sure it does create somewhat of a conundrum for their legal teams when it comes to those states. Pot is still illegal under federal law, but state laws regulate insurance...

Life Insurance already treats pot smokers as tobacco users and will not decline for it.

Legal or not, they could still decline for pot use if they felt it caused an excessive risk against the terms of the policy... but I have never had a decline for pot use for any type of insurance.

Im sure it does create somewhat of a conundrum for their legal teams when it comes to those states. Pot is still illegal under federal law, but state laws regulate insurance...

Anyone have any experience on how people that eat it are treated? Seems that there is a growing trend of people that use it in food form.

I would think the insurance companies would have to start looking at some of the possible side effects from....I'm sorry, what were we talking about again? :goofy:

I stumbled across a smoker many years ago and honestly it caught me off guard. Couldn't write due to many other health reasons. How many of you actually come across a smoker... whether they admit it upfront or it comes out later?

I stumbled across a smoker many years ago and honestly it caught me off guard. Couldn't write due to many other health reasons. How many of you actually come across a smoker... whether they admit it upfront or it comes out later?

You would surprised...my site gets pounded for life insurance for pot smokers...no big deal....they are issued at smoker rates and no one goes to jail....

314160_3967066290615_1346337414_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back