This Doesn't Make Any Sense.

Insuranceman

Guru
100+ Post Club
I just spoke to a 51 year old lady that has been on Medicare A & B for 8 yrs. due to an accident. She said she was told by a lady at Medicare that she needed to enroll into health plan and was given a list of 8-10 companies to choose from. She enrolled into BCBS major medical plan that cost her $ 475 a month. She said they are taking her premiums out of her Social Security along with her Medicare. This is a new one on me . What kind of advice can I give her ?

If she has medicare she cant enroll into a maj med

I would think she enrolled into a medicare advantage plan and I don't think it is costing her that much

A medicare advantage plan can come out of her SS

I would think she enrolled into a medicare advantage plan and I don't think it is costing her that much

Since she is not new to Medicare, she can only enroll in a MAPD. The problem is, it isn't AEP? Also, no MAPD costs $400+/month.
This isn't adding up.

Since she is not new to Medicare, she can only enroll in a MAPD. The problem is, it isn't AEP? Also, no MAPD costs $400+/month.
This isn't adding up.

Thats why I said I don't think it is costing her that much

I would assume it is an Mapd because a supp cannot come out of SS

And as far as enrollment period who know's the full story she may have just got medicare after 2 years SS disability or maybe qualifies for state assistance, maybe she just recently moved, there are many ways one can enroll into a MA plan outside of AEP

But as far as premium she may have went to sign 1 plan though market place and they realized she is on medicare and ended up enrolling into another

Who knows, what I do know is if she has medicare she should not be able to enroll in Maj Med nor should she want to.

If it is coming out of SS it would have to be a CMS product MA/PDP

as far as cost many ways the prospect can either be mistaking or confused or possibly be lying and number of factors here

Back