This is Prohibited, but I Can't Figure It Out...

davido53

Another line from my study guide:

Using a license for the principal purpose of procuring, receiving, or forwarding applications for insurance of any kind other than life, or soliciting, placing, or effecting such insurance directly or indirectly upon or in connection with the property of the licensee or that of relatives, employers, employees, or that for which they or the licensee is an agent, custodian, vendor, bailee, trustee, or payee

Another line from my study guide:

Using a license for the principal purpose of procuring, receiving, or forwarding applications for insurance of any kind other than life, or soliciting, placing, or effecting such insurance directly or indirectly upon or in connection with the property of the licensee or that of relatives, employers, employees, or that for which they or the licensee is an agent, custodian, vendor, bailee, trustee, or payee

Wonderful study guide! :goofy::nah:

I passed my state's life licensing test last Friday, so take my answer accordingly.

Only a certain % of your business can be controlled, that is provided to yourself, relatives, employees, etc. I'm not sure what that % is, or if it's controlled by the state, or insurance companies, or both. The idea is similar to not being allowed to form a group whose main purpose is to get insurance (it's known as a fictitious group).

In other words, you cannot have an insurance license if you're mainly going to write controlled business.

I am using the study guide provided by the Cincinnati Insurance Bureau.

What is a 'controlled business'?

tks

Last edited:
This is off subject but I want to know davido53 if your avatar is from one of Carlos Castaneda's books. Looks familiar.

Back