This Scares Me

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I have run about 40 PDP reports and almost every one favors the carrier with the $0.50 monthly premium (Georgia).

I have a pretty good feeling they are using that plan to attract "warm bodies" who might be susceptible to a pitch for a "no premium" Medicare plan that comes with dental at no extra charge.

The Force is strong with this one . . .

I have run about 40 PDP reports and almost every one favors the carrier with the $0.50 monthly premium (Georgia).

I have a pretty good feeling they are using that plan to attract "warm bodies" who might be susceptible to a pitch for a "no premium" Medicare plan that comes with dental at no extra charge.

Yep. Their MAPD is not in my area so I don't (yet) need to worry about a lot of my pdps suddenly converting to MA.

Chaz posted earlier that they have an AOR pledge that crosses product lines (PDP to MAPD) so if that is ultimately their game plan then certified agents won't lose AORs which is a sliver of a silver lining.

or get a bunch of warm bodies and in 2025 or 2026 raise the premium and create a lower cost plan that doesn’t pay commission that folks then migrate to. )I’m looking at you SilverScript and CIGNA)

Their MAPD plans in my area are terrible. Or have been in the last. I see no reason to believe they have improved.

AOR pledge that crosses product lines (PDP to MAPD) so if that is ultimately their game plan then certified agents won't lose AORs

Is that in writing . . . part of the appointment agreement?

I know some (all?) carriers send out new agreements every year that agents must sign before enrolling folks in PDP, MAPD for the new year.

Their MAPD plans in my area are terrible.

How many consumers look beyond the monthly premium, especially for PDP? That can be a very vulnerable area and there is no way to police what your clients do without asking you.

My retention is close to 100% (except for death) but I get a handful that fall off after the first of the year. Some call later to see if they can get their Medigap back but most are stuck due to underwriting challenges.

Sounds like they are getting ready to sell

That occurred to me when the parent announced layoffs a few weeks ago but I believe they also said the move was to allow them to "focus on profitable lines of coverage" or something along those lines. Carriers always are true to their word and never pull the rug out.

Yup, same here, 2025 is going to be interesting

Back