Thoughts on MetLife Financial Planning

Part of proper implementation of a solid financial plan is for the planner to recommend asset mgrs with a solid track record... who are invested in the outcome of your plan. They are paid a small percentage of the assets under mgmt and if the assets double, so does the fee...

Likewise, no financial plan (fee or comm driven) is complete upon design. Every planner is going to have qtrly, semi annual or at the very least, an annual review to monitor the plans progress. When things aren't going as planned, then that is a good time to alter the design of the plan...

Oh, I understand this. I was referring more to the perception, that fee based planners are inherently better because they only charge a fee, and don't sell things, therefore, are more unbiased.

In some cases, true. In some cases, its b-o-l-o-g-n-a.

Most 'fee-based' planners also manage the account, collect fees based on assets under management, and use the term fee-based. I have no real problem with this, except for the planner who is truly fee based gets lost in the woods.

Dan

It just about came down to a coin toss decision, but after weighing it all out, I chose to go with NWM. I really feel that either of the two would have been a good choice. Thank you to all who helped shed some perspective on this. I appreciate it.

Your signature: "hodaka1974: working to cure sisacell one post at a time."

An earlier post referred to this already: "But your signature is killing me lol!"

2fast: I am assuming your signature refers to Sicacell, and if so, and for the benefit of "theisnuranceguy", you shoudl edit the spelling attached to your signature.

AND THEN, you will be guarenteed a fast start with NWM. All the best on your endeavor.

SN

It just about came down to a coin toss decision, but after weighing it all out, I chose to go with NWM. I really feel that either of the two would have been a good choice. Thank you to all who helped shed some perspective on this. I appreciate it.

The downside of NWM is that if you decide to walk away you leave everything behind. NWM is very captive. If you decide to stay forever it is a great place to be. I don't know about Metlife on that score. My motto is always "begin with the end in mind". Good luck!

I talked to Met last week. I had a financial planning background (Legg Mason 6 years ago) and what impressed me was the product mix. You can sell mutual funds and they don't make you push their funds, in fact they don't have a store brand fund. Also, it was explained to me that there were no quotas for certain product -- the goal was to sell the client the most suitable product. The payout also seemed very competitive.

Just came back from 2nd interview..sounds like good training and its paid for 19 weeks, waiting for background check and were good to go...just hope that they wont make me start selling to my friends and family first(100 names list)...any other reviews about metlife??

Back