Top 50 Apps for Independent Agents

BlockO

Guru
1000 Post Club
50 Top Apps For Independent Agents

Most of this list you're already aware of. But I did find 2 or 3 helpful nuggets in there. I'm still kicking myself for not using the Dragon Dictation app a long time ago (had I known it was free, I would have been on this months ago).

Hope you find something useful.

Last edited:
it amazes me that they list one app (by Vertafore) that is a future. How can it be a top 50 app if it isn't out yet? My guess is the original survey went out to key user group members and they influenced the voting.

I'm not sure how they came up with that list.

What amazes me are the companies that are selling software just under $100 a pop. How do they expect to continue selling those when they are also coming out with free apps that do essentially the same thing?

Dragon for instance. why would someone pay $70-100 for software, when they can do the same thing on their phone for free? That's shooting themselves in the foot isn't it?

Dan - I would agree - in the mobile world the margins aren't what they used to be. I am curious to see how the "big boy" vendors handle this.

Last edited:
Surprising that the forum app isn't listed...it is the highest ranked insurance app in the app store for the ipad, and number two for the iphone, when using the keyword insurance!

Then again, I am definitely biased :)

I use the insurance forum app on my phone. to be honest, I prefer to just access the forum via computer over using the phone app.

But I do like the app also. Makes for good toilet reading material.

I am tickled pink over using the Dragon Dictation app. Wish I had installed it sooner, as it has dramatically reduced my workload. But what baffles is..... why is the company now giving this app away for free, when they were selling the software like hotcakes at around $100 a pop? Doesn't make any sense to me. But I'm happy to take advantage of it. Thanks guys! :twitchy:

Back