Total Loss Claim and Reckless Driver

But they have told us that they won't pay any vehicle storage fees starting next week. LOL. And this is not a fly-by-night carrier. And I have been customer for 40 years.

Something is not right. USAA is one of, if not the best carriers in the country. Let me look around and see if I have a contact person number other than their 800 number

Yes, I am amazed at how bad they have been. This is my first major claim in an auto accident and it was the fault of the other driver. A friend told me many years ago that he had a terrible time with USAA when his house caught on fire. I am seeing this with my claim. There is no excuse for their lack of responsiveness and the accident happened almost two weeks ago.

A new question. My insurance carrier finally stepped up to the plate but has not come out to see my vehicle - will do everything only with photos. They have determined my vehicle can be fixed. The other carrier said the vehicle is totaled (and spent 2 hours with my SO looking at the vehicle in person). If I have to go out and buy a newer version of my current truck (4-5 years old, similar model) it will cost me $25-30K out of pocket. So there is interest in fixing this one. It will save me a lot of money and I liked my truck and it had a lot of life left in it. What is the risk? And is there a way to recover my $500 deductible from the other carrier since their client caused the accident or do I just have to eat that if my own carrier makes the repair?

Back