Touchy subject... but I'm curious to know

I can appreciate all the time that when into writing that narrative. So I will ask; What are you trying to offer?

If it is goal setting go to a Brian Tracy seminar; at least he will provide you a cup of coffee and a doughnut........

This is brilliant Happy Gilmore!

I make enough so my wife won't leave me, but not enough to not care if she did.

And you may not get a donut, you might get a sales pitch for his new online MLM BT's been pitching.

If it is goal setting go to a Brian Tracy seminar; at least he will provide you a cup of coffee and a doughnut........

I am not driven by the need to make money... but the lack of it I admit is a motivator. My point is, that I am in this business because I see it as a way to help others at the same time I am earning a living.

Your comments sound like the usual sales hype that try to motivate others to get rich quick with their gimmick. This turns me off completely... that's why I am independent and not working for MetLife, NWMutual, etc. If you don't produce enough, you are shamed, bullied, and/or fired. If that's your cup of tea, I feel sorry for you.

I determined from the start, that I would build my business ethically at all costs. I was prepared for a lean start, and it came as no surprise. It is picking up steam, though. I think I am up to the challenge. My customers come first and it is rewarding to me to help them, sale or no sale.

Who cares what somebody else makes....my reasoning, it has zero to with what you or I make. The numbers game...everybody in insurance for awhile has heard that. I still think to myself sometimes...all I need to write is.....

I determined from the start, that I would build my business ethically at all costs. I was prepared for a lean start, and it came as no surprise. It is picking up steam, though. I think I am up to the challenge. My customers come first and it is rewarding to me to help them, sale or no sale.

This is the true foundation for any sort of long lasting success, and with almost twenty years in the business - I'm qualified to make that observation.

If you make your priority serving clients, everything else will take care of itself. The money will follow.

This is the true foundation for any sort of long lasting success, and with almost twenty years in the business - I'm qualified to make that observation.

If you make your priority serving clients, everything else will take care of itself. The money will follow.

You are absolutely correct. I spend the extra time to educate the client. An educated client can make a good informed decision, and feel better about the decision they have made.

"Knock on Wood," but in the last two years I have had not one person cancel any type of policy that I have sold them. It again goes back to the point that was made about making you clients you first priority; the MONEY will follow.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is brilliant Happy Gilmore!

And you may not get a donut, you might get a sales pitch for his new online MLM BT's been pitching.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DONUT'S?

Last edited:
Yea, but should you always sell the lowest priced product to your clients if apples to apples comparison the product is exactly the same but the lowest priced carrier pays you 1/2 of the normal commissions that the other carriers in your area pay? Who likes to work for half price? Some of these health carriers must think we like to work for half of what the rest of the market pays...Comments please.

Yea, but should you always sell the lowest priced product to your clients if apples to apples comparison the product is exactly the same but the lowest priced carrier pays you 1/2 of the normal commissions that the other carriers in your area pay? Who likes to work for half price? Some of these health carriers must think we like to work for half of what the rest of the market pays...Comments please.

I would like to respectfully disagree with M&M while answering your question. [Actually, I may not be disagreeing as much as clarifying "Doing what's right and best for your client"]

An industry veteran told me, years ago, that it has to be a good deal for all parties involved. If you are finding your clients the absolutely best price, but you are not making enough to keep yourself in the business, then you won't be around serve them properly in the future.

Last edited:
Back