Trade Show Raffle

one thing you have to get straight is this a prospecting event or a selling event? Are you there looking for leads or trying to write 6 apps in three days? While it never hurts to have your stuff with you... pulling in your prospecting net for one fish lets the rest of the school swim by... Figure out what you're there for.... We used to do a womens show and it drew 40,000 people over three days and we each walked away with around 300 leads each (4 agents) and you always ended up with at least 15-30 good sales.

Don't worry too much about flyers as you will see a majority in the trash bins down from your booth... spend your money on entery/interest forms. Buy some clipboards and stick em out there... keep em flowing.. I do love the popcorn idea... but you might need special insurance and permits to set one up, check with show management.

Good luck with it.

The health department (local) will probably govern the popcorn booth idea (and you're in CA so it probably won't fly)

Even if you could, you don't want that "I broke my tooth because of your dang popcorn" coming out of the mouth of someone originally from West Virginia.

Does Costco still have gift baskets? I think raffling off a nice gift basket or one of those crazy big bottles of wine (you know, the ones that are 2 or 3 feet tall) might be good.

I would go onto Craigslist and get some "cute young things" to drum up some business with the clipboards, pens and whatever it is you're having them fill out. Good luck!

Raffle off something of value like a 32" lcd tv.

Take the information you get from the registration cards for the raffle, create a website and sell the information as "Hot Leads".

If you get only 25,000 of the 100,000 people to fill out a card, one fourth of the people attending, (that should be a piece of cake for you) that will give you 25,000 "hot leads" to sell.

Lie to the agents like the lead companies do and claim that the lead is only being sold to three agents. In reality you will be selling it to 12 agents.

Sell the "hot leads" for $10.00 each, a hell of a bargain. Each "hot lead" will generate $120.00. $120 x 25,000 = $3,000,000. That should let you almost take the rest of the year off.

Use this idea and I will fly out and help for a meager 10% commission, plus expenses. :D

Raffle off something of value like a 32" lcd tv.

Take the information you get from the registration cards for the raffle, create a website and sell the information as "Hot Leads".

If you get only 25,000 of the 100,000 people to fill out a card, one fourth of the people attending, (that should be a piece of cake for you) that will give you 25,000 "hot leads" to sell.

Lie to the agents like the lead companies do and claim that the lead is only being sold to three agents. In reality you will be selling it to 12 agents.

Sell the "hot leads" for $10.00 each, a hell of a bargain. Each "hot lead" will generate $120.00. $120 x 25,000 = $3,000,000. That should let you almost take the rest of the year off.

Use this idea and I will fly out and help for a meager 10% commission, plus expenses. :D

He knows the way of the Dark Side! We have found a internet lead company Sith Lord! He resides here with us on this forum!!! His teachings are the path to the Dark Side!

Banish the Sith Lord before it is too late!!!

DUDE....get a big jar and fill it with ones,fives,tens and some change.....with a sign that says free money......have some entry blanks drawn up for them to fill out to guess how much is in there and the closest guess wins and a spot to put who their current health plan is with a small disclaimer on the back that they will be contacted.....people will beeline to a big jar of money........and you can bark that this is how much money I can save you on your health insurance.....

Aflac's a trip at these trade shows. They go up and down the aisles all day throwing their yellow rubber duckies.

I agree with the comment that you don't just want to stand in front of your booth handing out flyers. Be it a raffle, guessing money in the jar, etc...you need to get people to your table to fill out a contact card.

That being said, enlist some help - then that person can stand and hand out flyers while you're dealing with getting people's info. Maybe you can hook up with Hooters and get a couple of their girls to help out.

After the drawing we simply tossed those who filled out an entry but had no interest in any product offered. Why would you waste your time on contacted people who already said No? when you will have a pile of time sensitive "yes" people to call? You won't be able to call these leads 6 months later and go remember when you were at.... don't waste any time on the no's.

you don't want that "I broke my tooth because of your dang popcorn" coming out of the mouth of someone originally from West Virginia.

First off, folks from WV don't have any teeth.

Secondly, are you suggesting that movie theaters in CA don't serve popcorn?

I'd stay away from food and candy anyway. I attend a lot of trade shows and you want a lot of people to come to your booth, but the right people also.

Very cool giveaways like food and toys will indeed get a crap load of people to stop by your booth but there won't be much quality.

Last one I attended someone was giving out these little toy airplanes. Well, every parent in the place grabbed one yet there was zero interaction at the booth.

Back