Transamerica Changes Point of Sale Process for Med Supp

Matthew King

Guru
100+ Post Club
Very Soon, the PHI will be required for Transamerica Medicare Supplements! How Soon?

The email from Transamerica:

"Effective February 1, 2018
, your clients applying for Medicare Supplement Insurance that requires underwriting will now have the option of completing a required Personal History Interview (PHI) at the point of sale!"

This is being done to streamline the process and speed up underwriting reviews. What is everyone's thoughts on the changes?

Will this speed up the process for you?

Do you hate doing PHIs?

Very Soon, the PHI will be required for Transamerica Medicare Supplements! How Soon?

The email from Transamerica:

"Effective February 1, 2018
, your clients applying for Medicare Supplement Insurance that requires underwriting will now have the option of completing a required Personal History Interview (PHI) at the point of sale!"

This is being done to streamline the process and speed up underwriting reviews. What is everyone's thoughts on the changes?

Will this speed up the process for you?

Do you hate doing PHIs?

I'm not going to write Trans med sups but a phone interview that doesn't give a decision on the spot is worthless.

Equitable has a brutal phone interview. The worst I've ever dealt with. But they give a decision. They could really improve their process but I guess they don't care?

Aetna has a phone interview on all. It's optional to do at POS. But no decision at the end.

I only do the Aetna interview if I'm not pressed for time.

I'm sure Trans will find a way to be worse than Equitable and still not give a decision.

Back