Transfer of Resident license to NV

caligirl

Expert
Hey, I just moved to Nevada from Calif.
Nv dept of insurance told me 8 weeks to wait for fingerprinting (behind because of Covid apparently) then I have to surrender my Calif life and health license and apply to NV and she said they are fairly quick depending on background check.

Anybody familiar with how long Nevada dept of insurance takes to approve ins license transfer?

Also what happens to all my non-resident licenses ? (Currently have all 50 states)

Hey, I just moved to Nevada from Calif.
Nv dept of insurance told me 8 weeks to wait for fingerprinting (behind because of Covid apparently) then I have to surrender my Calif life and health license and apply to NV and she said they are fairly quick depending on background check.

Anybody familiar with how long Nevada dept of insurance takes to approve ins license transfer?

Also what happens to all my non-resident licenses ? (Currently have all 50 states)
I moved from NY to NV about 10 years ago.

I needed a "letter of clearance" from NY state, which essentially said that my NY was moving to non-res and NV was going to be my resident license. It didn't take more than a few weeks. As you pointed out, the fingerprinting takes the longest (even pre-COVID).

Once you have your NV license, you'll need to update your other licenses with your new resident state and address. NAIC will blanket update several states but you need to check to make sure everything is accurate.

It's a big pain (I'm licensed in every state as well) but you have to get it done and make sure they're all correct.

Welcome to Nevada.

So Tahoe Ray,
About were you in limbo for a week or two in that process, where you couldn't really sell anything?
I'm trying to time it right since I'm also looking to switch my appointments to a different FMO or broker

So Tahoe Ray,
About were you in limbo for a week or two in that process, where you couldn't really sell anything?
I'm trying to time it right since I'm also looking to switch my appointments to a different FMO or broker
I was but with the move and getting settled in, I wasn't trying to sell anything anyway. I would bet you could still legally write if you wanted to. It's not like all of your other licenses would be suspended or anything.

Back