Travelers - Georgia Superspeeder Law

AndreaSti

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi - health agent, newly licensed P&C so I am not sure about this one. Long story short, good friend's 19 year old son gets a ticket 2-3 miles into the GA superspeeder law, automatic license suspension even though his record was clean before that. He has driving privileges for work/school only. Anyway, he lives at home, and now dad gets a 30 day notice that they are cancelling the entire family's auto policy because of the son's ticket.

Is there any chance Travelers could reconsider? I told him to call his agent on Monday and see if he could contact Travelers to see. They have home auto umbrella with Travelers, apparently for several years. The son has also gone through driver classes to get the points off his license. Full licensing priveleges in June again. Dad is willing to sign an waiver that the son won't drive any other car in the house. Thanks for any help!

Super Speeder....How fast was he exceeding the speed limit? I'm just interested personally as I have no advice.

Super Speeder....How fast was he exceeding the speed limit? I'm just interested personally as I have no advice.

Here's the story, was out of town visiting girlfriend. Dad had Falcon's tickets (this was back during NFL season I guess). Anyway, he was late of course, and was traveling in a 45 in downtown Doraville. So it was 2-3 miles over the superspeeder limit, which if I remember correctly is 20 over the posted speed limit, so probably around 68 or so, in a city limit. What an ***. I've known this kid since he was 7, so I am allowed to call him that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
He maybe able to do a named driver exclusion? Not sure if GA will allow it...

That is the hope. I told him to call his agent on Monday. They have till 4/19 to figure this out. Just hoping there is a way to get out of having the entire policy cancelled. They aren't my client, just personal friends. I don't know his agent.

Last edited:
Yea seems to me he really screwed the pooch on this one... for everyone. Like another poster said, a named driver exclusion should work, but cancelling the whole policy seems a bit drastic. Might be time to start shopping....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
That is the hope. I told him to call his agent on Monday. They have till 4/19 to figure this out. Just hoping there is a way to get out of having the entire policy cancelled. They aren't my client, just personal friends. I don't know his agent.

Well hell, now is your chance to write them...:idea:

Last edited:
When my son's driving, we'll have a GPS devise in the car so I can track his speed in real time. Not only will that solve the issue but it also solves peer pressure issues. He can make me look like the dbag:

"Dude, punch it!"

"I'd love to but my dad has this stupid device in the car so I can't."

Back