Travelers Renewal Commission - As Earned?

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
We're getting paid renewal commissions as earned from Travelers & my marketing rep says that's the only way they pay. I called down to Travelers directly & asked to speak to somebody about commissions and they say it's different among agencies.

So what's the truth?

Last edited:
Are you part of a cluster or do you have a direct appointment? We get all of our commission up front from Travelers.

We get the full annual commission up front on new business but renewal business is as earned. We're part of siaa. Are you 100% sure your RENEWAL commission is advanced? I researched this and spoke with some agents who are all as earned too.

We get the full annual commission up front on new business but renewal business is as earned. We're part of siaa. Are you 100% sure your RENEWAL commission is advanced? I researched this and spoke with some agents who are all as earned too.

I am 100% sure I get my renewal commissions up front. Perhaps it differs from state to state, I am in texas and have a direct appointment with travelers.

I am 100% sure I get my renewal commissions up front. Perhaps it differs from state to state, I am in texas and have a direct appointment with travelers.

Are you sure you may not be looking at homeowner's policies paid in full by mortgage companies thus resulting in you getting that full annual commission advanced at renewal? My marketing rep insists Travelers never advances renewal commissions (unless you're right & that's specific to my state.)

Are you sure you may not be looking at homeowner's policies paid in full by mortgage companies thus resulting in you getting that full annual commission advanced at renewal? My marketing rep insists Travelers never advances renewal commissions (unless you're right & that's specific to my state.)

100% sure. Even double checked on my last commission statement.

Also 100% up front... Personal and Commercial... Direct appointment... Kentucky.

^Mrgolf is that on renewal commission too? Aka policy renews at $1,000/year and policyholder makes 1st months payment and you get the full $150 renewal commission that month?

I'm freaking pissed. Any input?

^Mrgolf is that on renewal commission too? Aka policy renews at $1,000/year and policyholder makes 1st months payment and you get the full $150 renewal commission that month? I'm freaking pissed. Any input?

I have a feeling its probably your master agency paying as earned, not travelers. I know many cluster groups pay as earned even though they get the full commission up front.

Back