Trucking Risk / Companies?

Herkster

Guru
100+ Post Club
Alright guys, I've got a good chance to try and place a large trucking company risk, and am seeing what companies most of our fellow forum members have the best luck with.

Trucking company will be 300 miles radius, no overnight stays. They haul agriculture materials to different ag plants and feed to farmers directly. I think they own about 8 trucks, if I'm remembering correct.

I just don't have many outlets for a trucking company of this size and with the materials they haul. None of those materials require any hazard qualifications (or whatever you call them).

Thoughts?

Cincinnati might be a good place to check. You are probably going to end up splitting up your package, motor truck cargo and business auto if one won't write it all.

Alright guys, I've got a good chance to try and place a large trucking company risk, and am seeing what companies most of our fellow forum members have the best luck with.

Trucking company will be 300 miles radius, no overnight stays. They haul agriculture materials to different ag plants and feed to farmers directly. I think they own about 8 trucks, if I'm remembering correct.

I just don't have many outlets for a trucking company of this size and with the materials they haul. None of those materials require any hazard qualifications (or whatever you call them).

Thoughts?

Herkerster,
Who are you all appointed with and what part of Iowa are you in? I'd check Great West Casualty (very competitive), Northland, Continental Western, and you can check with Acuity, although I believe this might be out of their radius. If they will take a look at it, expect them to me aggressive on it!

Go Hawks!

Auto owners should. Acuity doesn't really like farming risks. Grinnell I think would. Otherwise Northland.

----------

EMC if their driving record and loss runs are clean

Yeah, Acquity isn't real fond of the risk, hauling ag materials. We typically write with Allied, and they aren't big on trucking risks either. We can get to CWG and a few others. I'm hoping we might get some leeway with a sales manager or two due to the size of the account, but we'll see.

I'll do some checking on those other carriers.

WC looks rated incorrectly, at least to me. Class codes seem to not match what they actually do, and it isn't in the insurance companies favor (besides getting a ton of premium).

Yeah, Acquity isn't real fond of the risk, hauling ag materials. We typically write with Allied, and they aren't big on trucking risks either. We can get to CWG and a few others. I'm hoping we might get some leeway with a sales manager or two due to the size of the account, but we'll see.

I'll do some checking on those other carriers.

WC looks rated incorrectly, at least to me. Class codes seem to not match what they actually do, and it isn't in the insurance companies favor (besides getting a ton of premium).
Wondering if you ever placed this risk or how the quotes ended up. Can you list which companies came out more competitive than others?

Reason I'm asking is I have 83 trucks with Great West currently and need somewhere to put them. Hauling Tires, paper products etc. No hazardous materials.

Back