Trying to Decide on a B/D

Life deals you changes.. I am thinking about going back to Guardian and PAS. No book as I was setting up investment programs in bank channels. I really need to have access to entire range of Jackson product though, and PAS does not have it. so, looking to perhaps go to Indy B/D instead of being an FR. Anyone else struggle with Indy B/D vs Insurance B/D.. Thoughts ? I want to sell high end cash value life, access to wide range of term and full load of annuities both fixed and variable. Who do you guys use for the securities portion? Thanks!

Life deals you changes.. I am thinking about going back to Guardian and PAS. No book as I was setting up investment programs in bank channels. I really need to have access to entire range of Jackson product though, and PAS does not have it. so, looking to perhaps go to Indy B/D instead of being an FR. Anyone else struggle with Indy B/D vs Insurance B/D.. Thoughts ? I want to sell high end cash value life, access to wide range of term and full load of annuities both fixed and variable. Who do you guys use for the securities portion? Thanks!

It's really going to depend on what you're looking for from a B/D. Their are a number that are open to letting you do most of your insurance business as a separate, outside business activity.

What type of support do you need? Technology platforms, compliance, and GDC requirements are going to vary widely.

I would start with what you liked and didn't like about working with Park Ave and go from there...talk with large companies like LPL down to your local B/D (almost everyone has one or two). Once you have all of the characteristics of what you want in a B/D, you'll find it easier to narrow it down.

Good luck in your search and let us know a little more detail...many on this board can offer guidance here.

I appreciate the help Tahoe.. I have no issues on my u-4, but as I was just let go my credit took a hit due to three late pays.. Down to about 600 from over 700. I am not sure what to look for. I need to work out of a place that will keep me compliant, give me access to all the product.. LPL won't take me without a book. I am an old guard preppie so a professional culture (no plaid suits!) would be great. I guess I need an FMO with all of this in the Richmond area.. My current B/D is ICA... Very difficult to work with. If anyone has thoughts in the tidewater Virginia area I would love to talk. Thanks again

I would suggest MarketShare in your situation. They are an IMO with a BD relationship with Transamerica Financial Advisors. The CEO is Tom Reece and is a very laid back and nice fella. I would be happy to arrange a call between you two. I am currently with Centaurus out of Anaheim, CA. Pretty high speed BD.

Based in Carmel, IN. Ill send you my email in a pm shortly with contact info.

Have you considered Ohio National? Their WL and UL is top of the line as well as their term.

Their BD ONESCO is as life producer friendly as any I've seen. I was a Guardian FR in the 90s and still have friends who are FRs. I'd be happy to talk with you about Ohio National and give you the Virginia regional officer contact.

Disclaimer - If you contract with Ohio National and use my name, they may pay me a referral bonus based on production. It doesn't come out of your compensation.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to discuss. You don't have enough posts to send private messages yet.

Back