UHC Changes: plan members ability to change

For all you agents pushing AARP supp plans.... Heads up for UHC AARP non-Plan G members who might want to move.

Starting October 1, 2018, members currently enrolled in an AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan, including Medicare Select Plans, insured by UnitedHealthcare® Insurance Company, residing in all states and territories EXCEPT CA, CT, FL, GU, MA, ME, MN, MP, NY, OR, VI, VT, WA, and WI who wish to change to Plan G will now need to complete a new application and answer all medical underwriting questions to determine a premium rate. This new underwriting policy is in response to UnitedHealthcare’s efforts to maintain stable Plan G premium rates and product competiveness.

Important: Any Plan G plan change applications received by UnitedHealthcare on or after October 1, 2018 in an impacted state/territory will be underwritten. October 1 is the date in which the application was received, not the applicant signature date nor the send date.

Agents may help current members change to another AARP Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan other than Plan G when underwriting is not needed by using the Agent Change Request Form 4, located on Jarvis under Enrollment > Application Status. Please refer to the state specific Producer Handbook for plan change details.

For those of you affected (like me) with a large plan F book, will your advice be to change to G asap before Sept 30th deadline?
Would you advise that I be proactive, or just let it play out?

What's the best way to accomplish this move to plan G with UHC?
Have the client call directly ? or fill out signed plan change request form?
(supposedly, if they call, you lose servicing agent of record, but still paid out lower commission on G going forward)
Is this accurate?

I appreciate any veteran's advice who has seen these doors close on their books before, and how you handled it.

Lesson learned, I won't be recommending plan F any longer given the dynamic shift occurring in the industry.

For those of you affected (like me) with a large plan F book, will your advice be to change to G asap before Sept 30th deadline?
Would you advise that I be proactive, or just let it play out?

What's the best way to accomplish this move to plan G with UHC?
Have the client call directly ? or fill out signed plan change request form?
(supposedly, if they call, you lose servicing agent of record, but still paid out lower commission on G going forward)
Is this accurate?

I appreciate any veteran's advice who has seen these doors close on their books before, and how you handled it.

Lesson learned, I won't be recommending plan F any longer given the dynamic shift occurring in the industry.

I'm not doing anything. Plan J has been gone here for over 8 years and with UHC they've had the same rate increase as other plans. But our plan G is still a gi change anyways in FL.
If you do change them, call UHC with the client on the phone to get changed over I believe. I had to do it once and I think that was the procedure.

What they are doing will most likely backfire with all the unhealthy F Plan people paying their high premiums are going to switch to their G Plan and make their rates go up higher. Should have just left it alone because I don't think there was a flood of people doing these changes the way it was. I'm beginning to really dislike this Company and plan to use them as little as possible in the future.

Back