Un-sure...about ins.

Thanks for the replies.

Any suggestion's on where I should start?

or should i just go do the Loan Officer position I was offered?

INSAZ said:
Thanks for the replies.

Any suggestion's on where I should start?

or should i just go do the Loan Officer position I was offered?

I would say take the Loan Officer position, save your money and when you have enough sell insurance part time until you know what your doing.

Good Luck!

loan officer

Wow what a small world... I'm on the forum by accident
looking for info on life-settlements and here is a guy
that wants to be an LO :)

Pretty cool I must say!

In any case, if you want to do the loan officer thing, hit me up.

My company is Rates Are Low.com
Can never have too many loan officers! :D

(Or perhaps I didn't read the thread properly and you already
have an LO position) :roll:

Best Regards,
Anthony

NAA and other things. . . .

I had a bad experience with NAA. I would not advise going with them. Also, the one point not being stated here is that if you enter into a contract with a provider through them & then don't like the arrangement, you may have trouble being "released" - meaning you'll have to NOT sell the provider's product (here I'm talking about F&G) for 6 months before you can transfer your writing status somewhere else.

There are other mortgage protection firms out there if that's your interest that have some good programs. Unfortunately for me, I found this out after my error in judgement in going with them.

I'm new to insurance & would advise you to have at least 3-6 months of money to live off of while you get going. Depending on the arrangement you choose, there will be some start up & marketing expenses.

The other thing you may consider while you get to know the industry is to go with a company to become a captive agent. Some find this to be restrictive, but I think I might have gotten off to a quicker start if I'd had in-house support & training from an established entity. some even pay small base salaries while you get your sales funnel going.

Just a thought. I'm set up as an independent broker & since I didn't understand the whole general agent structure & contracting dynamics, I had a lot of "administrative" learning to do that hindered my timeline. (sometimes I think I'm a bit smarter than I actually am!)

That's why I say it may have been easier to cut my teeth within a captive agent type scenario. But, I do like being able to offer various products so that I can consult with a client & actually get them something that meets their needs.

There's my 2 cents! Good luck to you.

Back