Understanding my Deductible/co Insurance/out of Pocket Max.

then you have to make sure that the airlift bill is also be billed and possessed as in network......

Well if it isn't you can be assured that we will be on the phone with insurance and the hospital to get it changed!

Well if it isn't you can be assured that we will be on the phone with insurance and the hospital to get it changed!

well you are going to have to have the insurance company do it.....its between you.....the insurance company and the airlift company who is not in network and charge what ever they want.....let the insurance company settle with them....

Non-par providers can balance bill in most states. Your carrier will treat the claim as in network but they have no bargaining power with the hospital or air ambulance company.

Your carrier will pay the claim as if it were a par provider. Any overage is your responsibility.

then you have to make sure that the airlift bill is also being billed and processed as in network......was he by chance in a motorcycle accident......

Yes as I said before he was in a motorcycle accident. It was on a closed racetrack.

Non-par providers can balance bill in most states. Your carrier will treat the claim as in network but they have no bargaining power with the hospital or air ambulance company.

Your carrier will pay the claim as if it were a par provider. Any overage is your responsibility.

this is true....but in most case's will write off....

Write off meaning what??

well out of the $44,000 billed and the insurance company only sends them say $5,000 then they try to get the rest out of you or just write it off as a loss knowing you do not have the money to pay.....just like the hosp. is doing.....

Maybe your experience has been different, but I have not seen providers willing to "write off" the balance bill, especially if it is significant. More often than not they turn it over to collections.

Maybe your experience has been different, but I have not seen providers willing to "write off" the balance bill, especially if it is significant. More often than not they turn it over to collections.

Well regardless the person I spoke to said that we would owe 20% coinsurance, so it won't be over $8800. Of course, no way do I want to pay $8800!

Back