Underwriting Question

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a client that has been in remission from breast cancer for 3 years. She had a mastecotomy and takes no medication and has had no treatment for 3 years.. She is 63. Is there any carrier that will even look at this in Texas?

Have you called any of the carriers to ask? Even the carriers without published guidelines will often give you an indication if you just call to ask.

I have a client that has been in remission from breast cancer for 3 years. She had a mastecotomy and takes no medication and has had no treatment for 3 years.. She is 63. Is there any carrier that will even look at this in Texas?

In SC, Rule of thumb with most companies is 0-6 years = Decline... 7+ years subject to underwriting. This probably holds true in most states I would assume.

You may have to go with a graded benefit whole life but this can be very costly and face amounts are limited.

In SC, Rule of thumb with most companies is 0-6 years = Decline... 7+ years subject to underwriting. This probably holds true in most states I would assume.

You may have to go with a graded benefit whole life but this can be very costly and face amounts are limited.

I was actually asking about health... but since I didnt specify.. thanks! And actually, I have found about the same underwriting guidelines with most companies.

Back