United Commercial Travelers of America

First off, this is my first post, so be kind =)
Secondly, I debated about reviving this thread, or starting a new one. But since there is new info, I figured what the heck.

So, as of July 1st, all sales of UCT in Maine are suspended. The state put an update on their site
(I would post a link, but I'm still too new I guess)

Has anyone heard anything about this? I mean, thay had the best rates in the state, but now the best is AARP with secure horizons. I can write both, but I'm curious if anyone has any info.

First off, this is my first post, so be kind =)
Secondly, I debated about reviving this thread, or starting a new one. But since there is new info, I figured what the heck.

So, as of July 1st, all sales of UCT in Maine are suspended. The state put an update on their site
(I would post a link, but I'm still too new I guess)

Has anyone heard anything about this? I mean, thay had the best rates in the state, but now the best is AARP with secure horizons. I can write both, but I'm curious if anyone has any info.

Read the earlier posts in this thread. As I posted earlier, UCT is not covered by the states guarantee program in the case of default. The state sent out a letter to agents advising them of the need to do full disclosure of this clients and that neither they nor UCT can get around this by stating that the carrier now has re-insurance with another carrier.

I don't know what the final issue was causing the state to pull the plug but realistically one would think that it could easily be related to issues where they have been previously warned.

Winter

Back