Use Home Return Address and Personal Cell Phone Number?

Discussion in 'Direct Mail Marketing Forum' started by entrep1776, Jun 9, 2017.

1. kgmom219

kgmom219 Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    1. Get a PO Box. Its stupid cheap. Get the smallest one possible.
    2. I have had the same cell for 15 years. About 10 years ago, I added a second cell. So I look like a drug dealer, but LOVE having the second cell, so I can turn the business OFF. But I get calls that start with "12 years ago, you helped my mom". I will never release this number.
    3. I can mirror my phone number on my cell with the phone app. (I really don't get how this works. But the man is a telecom guy and he set it up for me.)

I don't like the virtual office solution, because I know too many that have gone out of business or changed addresses. Which leaves you having to update business cards, mailers, etc.

2. leonard

leonard Member

State:
    Missouri
    years ago i tried a company that provided live receptionists to answer phone.
    tried testing it a few times, and had lady answer it with WRONG company name. manager said it was no problem, as people will just think they dialed a wrong number and will call back. duh, not if it is displayed on client's phone

3. DHK

DHK Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Google voice is great. I can't stand texting on a phone, but I do use my laptop. Plus, I use the plugin in Google Chrome, so I get real time notifications and can respond directly in my browser without opening up a new tab.

4. scagnt83

scagnt83 Well-Known Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That can definitely be an issue. Especially since UPS stores are franchises. Something like Regus is a more stable option, generally speaking. But lots of "fly by night" type of virtual offices. And when your appointed with multiple carriers, its a huge PIA to change business addresses.

----------

Google Voice rocks. Its a super cheap way to have a dedicated business line. You get a line for free if you use Google Office Suite for your email.

Ive started using talk-to-text a lot for texting. It gets a lot more accurate the more you use it. Its almost second nature for me now to use it for texts.