Using an Attorney to Get a Release from a FMO

There were several things over the years that he did. I have a bunch of patience with certain things, but he finally broke the camel's back. Yep, he's an assh*le!

I got screwed years ago by Applied General Agencies (AGA) when I was first told about the 6 month slavery "clause" in their agreement with UHC. I could have sued and certainly been released but it would take years and I'd have to sue UHC in the process.

I'd win the battle but lose the war. We are all appointed at the "pleasure of the company" and can terminate us for any reason. I'm sure a lawsuit would be reason enough.

There is little you can do when you work with a dishonest FMO.

*ick
Blah blah blah. *ick, I'd think they'd give you a release so they wouldn't have to deal with you asswipe. You're *icky!!! :twitchy:

I did not misunderstand anything. It's been 6 months. A reciprocal release is nothing more than a hostage agreement. Sooner or later I hope this industry empowers agents and forces the "big guys" to treat them more ethically.

I appreciate David Duford for taking responsibility and being honest. He did assist me in getting away from 360 (which he referred me to). Nevertheless, my experience was not good and I had to wait 6 months for Aetna Senior Products.

Which reminds me of a question...what is this forum for? Is it not a place for agents to speak with one another?

You are trapped in your own mind. Why are you married to ANY insurance company? Most agents would term the carrier contract. Write biz for other companies. 6-months later if you still want the first one, pick them back up on your terms.
There is no one insurance company worth losing sleep over or being held hostage over.

I just wanted to act like i wrote this.

There were several things over the years that he did. I have a bunch of patience with certain things, but he finally broke the camel's back. Yep, he's an assh*le!
I must be his last remaining friend. And by friend I mean we speak about once every four or five years.
I don’t know him well at all but always liked his sense of humor. I used to like how he fought with Al back in the day. They were probably so much alike that they couldn’t stand each other.

I am having this issue with DigitalBGA currently - I just need my Medicare carriers released, first this girl Alyse Novetti, who seems to hate me for asking for carriers and another broker manager, told me to pay a few small chargebacks and state fees with a couple of my Life carriers, which I didn't ask to release. I paid those which took a week because one of the Life carriers is still stuck in the paper age, then asked her again and sent her the receipts. It's been a week from that and their upline that I need the actual release from has seen nothing so she hasn't even bothered to follow through and request a release from them.

I was just going to join another Medicare center since then I get paid regularly for sure, and so does my mortgage and bills, without having to deal with chargebacks and $100's of state and county fees, but they and SHE mainly is going to cause me to miss the hiring window and therefore cause harm to my ability to earn a living.

Not to mention they still have close to or more then $1800 in those stupid $60 TV Life leads they sold me on and I have no ability to access them since they were not in the database last time I logged on a few weeks ago which they now charge $99 a month for and I'm already still in debt to the credit card company for those $1000's of leads.

You'd think if she hates me she would want to get rid of me since I just keep sending emails. It's owned by Jeff Root and Nic West - Any advice ?

I must be his last remaining friend. And by friend I mean we speak about once every four or five years.
I don’t know him well at all but always liked his sense of humor. I used to like how he fought with Al back in the day. They were probably so much alike that they couldn’t stand each other.

Just going back and reading this and wanted to do a little update. Rick got Covid a while back and was in the hospital for a couple of weeks. It really made him think and he got humbled.

He emailed me an apology for everything and said he realized just how much of an ass he was to people over the years and wanted to apologize for it.

I called him, we talked about it. We are friends again. Let me tell you, I have never seen anyone have a turn-around like he did!

Back