Vendor/supplier Vs Subcontractor

Milkman1265

Guru
100+ Post Club
when is a vendor/supplier a subcontractor?

If you are a cabinet installer, and you buy cabinets from a woodwork shop that makes them to size (because all cabinet needs to be sized correctly to fit)

Is this a vendor or a subcontractor?

when is a vendor/supplier a subcontractor?

If you are a cabinet installer, and you buy cabinets from a woodwork shop that makes them to size (because all cabinet needs to be sized correctly to fit)

Is this a vendor or a subcontractor?

I always thought if they work on the jobsite they are a sub, if their work is off site they are a vendor. This is something I found quick which backs up my thought:

"Section 31-291 of the Connecticut Workers' Compensation Law stipulates that a principle employer is liable for injuries to employees of uninsured contractors and their uninsured subcontractors when the work pertains to the trade or business of the principle employer and the principle employer controls the premises where the work is performed."

Now if they are making and installing the cabinets they would probably be a sub. If they are just making them in a wood shop and shipping them to the jobsite I'd say they were a vendor.

Back