Veteran Agent Considering Making a Move

nik

Hello,
I've been working in the life insurance industry for around 15 years for American Income Life. I'm doing okay, I make low six figures before expenses. I just feel like I've kind of gone as far as I can go here but have no idea what I should be considering for my next move. I'm a pretty good producer but at this point do more recruiting than anything else. Anyone out there have any advice?

Hello, I've been working in the life insurance industry for around 15 years for American Income Life. I'm doing okay, I make low six figures before expenses. I just feel like I've kind of gone as far as I can go here but have no idea what I should be considering for my next move. I'm a pretty good producer but at this point do more recruiting than anything else. Anyone out there have any advice?

If you are considering jumping over to the weird wild world of FINAL EXPENSE, feel free to reach out to me and give me a call. I know that side of the business pretty well.

is that company captive?
The final FE market may be for you? However, you might want to explore other markets too. Employee Benfs can be a money maker too

If I remember right, AIL works the union market and gives you leads to go out and work. Correct?

FE might be a good fit for you. It is one of the easier areas to generate large amounts of leads in. If interested, I would suggest reading the FE section a bit to get a feel for the type of job it is and the type of clientele that you work with. If you do want to work the FE market, Spur City would be one of the best to speak to about it.

You can also find a decent amount of Term leads from vendors. So the traditional (fully underwritten, mid market and up) life insurance market could be a really good fit for you.

Term wont pay renewals, but it is an easy and quick sell. You will also be able to cross sell other products to clients that do pay renewals. Also, some will end up needing GUL or WL too instead of Term. You can also convert the term bit by bit over the years to create new WL/GUL sales that will include renewals.

As mentioned before, employee benefits can pay well and the renewals are excellent. But group benefits usually have a longer sales cycle vs. individual insurance. You would probably want to supplement group sales with individual sales too, at least for the first year.

Last edited:
Back